Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Checking In

For the past year we have had a couple of screech owls behind our house making the most awful screeching noise EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  We knew there were at least two probably nesting because they would talk to each other beginning as soon as it was dark. With all of the leaves gone I finally happened to see one of them. Kind of a neat looking bird but why oh why can't he/she just have a cute little "hoot"? 


And a few things I have been up to lately:







Oh and on a farmer retirement note....he is keeping very busy.  He cooks every night AND he cleaned the hen house today. Oh I am happy!

5 comments:

DesertHen said...

Cute little owl, but they can be very, very noisy!

You've been busy!

Happy to hear your retired farmer is working out in the kitchen. =)

Country Girl said...

Great photo of the owl. Last year we had young owls begging for food. Such a racket - all night long!

twistedfencepost said...

Love the owl shot!
Wish I could get a pic of the one who lives here on our farm. I've seen him, but never when I have my camera handy. Darn it!
Cute little blocks you make.
You are lucky to have a man who knows how to cook. And clean out the coop. LoL
Glad you are enjoying life!!

rhymeswithplague said...

How did I miss this post? I wish you would blog more often! It's always fascinating....

Miss Riya said...

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off the planet. I have truly missed posting and reading other peoples blogs. Hopefully I can get back on track.
BTW: Your crafts are as lovely as ever.
Love & Prayers,
Me