Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Might Get Me A House Husband

The farmer had a milestone birthday this year. The big 6......0. He decided that he is going to retire as of the end of this month. Quite the adjustment for him AND for me. For you see, I have to work until I fall off of this office chair and expire. Health insurance, you know.

So that said I have been deviously plotting thinking of things for him to do. You know, honey do list. He is pretty good about working on things for a while but seems to get a little bored with every day projects like um, dusting, dishes, etc. I don't know why. The thing is I keep seeing my honey do list growing and growing until it turns in to a huge ball that fills our house. He does like to cook occasionally but I am afraid an every day thing may just be a bit much for him.  Any suggestions?

So I am working on a third order from Made In Oregon.  Just barely keeping my head above water these days.  If you meander up this way take a look at their store.  I haven't managed to see my stuff in there yet.  Hope they do well.

Thanksgiving is coming. My favorite holiday.  Gobble.



5 comments:

Dave & Melissa said...

Ahh, yes. The ever growing honey do list. If you think of a way to coerce-ahem, I mean convince- men to work on everyday things and not just the fun big projects, let me know. :o)

DesertHen said...

My brother just turned the big 60 this past weekend! He retired 5 years ago, but does some consulting work on the side to keep him busy. He does cook, so my sis-in-law is very lucky! She does admit that he has developed a bit of an E-Bay addiction though!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too!

rhymeswithplague said...

You poor thing! It's probably just as well that you don't know what is about to hit you! He may end up following you around making suggestions all day on how to improve things you've been doing for years, or he may just sit there like a bump on a log watching TV and expect to be waited on hand and foot. I, of course, at 71, do neither of these.

Either way, I will be praying that you have extra strength and a lot of patience in the days ahead!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Dave and I were together 24/7/365, mostly, and we had a wonderful life together. If you've got a good life now, you'll have a great life after retirement. It is what you make it.

Becky said...

Hmmmm....good luck keeping him busy. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. When my father-in-law retired he took over the cooking. But I see that he's not much interested in that. Maybe he could take over a day or two. Like maybe Monday's and Thursday's. It would give him something to think and plan for and would give you a couple days of not having to plan supper and be excited for the supper surprise.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and do have a wonderful Christmas.