Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cold Nights and Beautiful Days

Fall has made its way here now.....cold nights,  sunny days, beautiful leaves. It is one of my favorite times of the year.  The down side of course is that all the yearly bills like property taxes, insurance, etc., rear their ugly heads and seem to eat our savings in huge chunks.

We have been working on getting our wood for the winter. There are several dead trees on our property and the farmer had a few issues trying to cut them down.  OOPS!!!  No worries. He had a little help from our nephew and the tree is no longer trying to eat the saw.


I delivered my first order for Made In Oregon and am working on my next one due in November.  I did manage to get away for a couple of days to the Oregon coast with my sister and work on some craft bazaar items. Always a nice trip and you should see some of the creations she makes. I will have to take some photos and post soon. She will hopefully have an Etsy shop some time after the bazaar in November.

Beautiful ocean sunrise. Just love it when the sun begins to hit the waves.

Something we found while walking. What the heck? Do any of you know what this is supposed to be?

A few blocks I have worked on lately. It has been really fun to come up with non-holiday items.





Hope everyone is able to enjoy the beautiful fall days.

6 comments:

DesertHen said...

I think fall has to be my favorite season! Love the leaves and the way the air smells!

You have been a busy gal! I just love the chicken blocks!

Beautiful ocean scene!

Mental P Mama said...

Those are gorgeous! Glad to see you back in here;)

Country Girl said...

Hi, Vonda ~
I love the little blocks. And I think I know what that structure is. It's something my husband does when he finds limbs like that. He simply makes a teepee out of them so that when people walk by later, they wonder, "what in the world is that?"
No kidding!

Miss Riya said...

My you have been a busy little chickie.
So glad you took a moment to come up for air. lol.
Love & Prayers,
Me

Cloudia said...

Thanks for this lovely post.



Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

> < } } (°>

rhymeswithplague said...

Glad to see you blogging again after several months' absence!

About that thingie on the beach: It might be a frame for some passing Indian's tepee, but it looks more like something we used to make in the Boy Scouts on camping trips to suspend a pot of stew or omething from a rope over a campfire to cook our dinner. We also buried foil-wrapped potatoes in the ground under where the campfire was going to be and dug them out later fully cooked.

I didn't say this very well but I hope you know what I meant.

Again, welcome back to blogworld.