Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eggy Pop and Friends

We celebrated my oldest granddaughter's 11th birthday this month. When I asked her what dessert she would like for her family party she told me that she wanted chocolate but that she wanted to make the cake herself.  It made me laugh because who usually wants to bake their own cake? So I found a recipe here for a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup cake that seemed pretty easy.  Since it is basically a cake mix doctored up it was a good place for an 11-year-old to begin.

She did a great job. The frosting was milk chocolate, cream and peanut butter. There were chunks of peanut butter cups in the cake as well as on top. You better LOVE peanut butter because there is lots of of it in this cake.

 Emma is saving money to buy a Nintendo DSI so we got her a couple of books on her list and tucked in money which of course she was thrilled to get.

 I think her sister, Lucy was surprised at all that cash....BUT.......

SOMEONE else was elated.  


I have been working on Easter gifts for the grandchildren and finished these little guys last night. 


 I love Sew4Home and Eggy Pop as well as a cute bunny and cat patterns and tutorials are there for free.

Eggy Pop is going to my two little grandsons who look a lot like these guys.  I kid, I kid. I have the cutest grand kids ever! We are off to Coos Bay this weekend to celebrate little Ayden's 3rd birthday and deliver an Easter gift as well. 

Participating in:

7 comments:

Dave & Melissa said...

Oh. My. Goodness. The girls have gotten sooooo big! How'd that happen??? ;o) CUTE crafts! You're so talented!

Country Girl said...

What great gifts - both the beautiful grandchildren and the sweet stuff you crafted. Happy Easter to you and your family, Vonda ~

Mental P Mama said...

Precious! Precious! Precious! I will be in Medford in June...how far away is that?

Kristi Flanagan said...

Everything turned out great sis - those girls are growing so fast! Have a Happy Easter - we miss you!

Kristi

Paula said...

Happy late birthday to Emma! Looks like she did a fantastic job on her first cake. Yum!
Love those bunnies and Easter crafts. Super cute!

CeeCee said...

Happy (very) belated birthday to your budding chef, Emma! How wonderful that you made it so memorable for her. :) Grandma's love is priceless.

Putz said...

i used to get 1 dollar from my uncle vanwinkle every birthday until he died in 1989 when i was47 years old <>>><he was the vanwinkle expressway guy from saltlakecity utar