Monday, March 7, 2011

Vintage Loves

I really love the childhood books I grew up with. I have been working on vintage looking blocks for my Etsy shop and thought I would give you a sneak peek at what has been happening at The Little Egg Farm lately.

I am totally in love with Beatrix Potter characters. The Tale of Tom Kitten and The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher are favorites that I hope to read to my grandchildren. I also love Peter Rabbit and am working on those blocks as well.


Another favorite are all of the vintage story time photos I have been using to finish these blocks. These have always caught my eye in old books and I just had to make a set. 

What have you been creating lately?

I'm participating in:

topsy turvy tuesdays

16 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

These are beautiful! Did you burn the edges or did you create that with paint? Very, very cool looking!

Janet said...

Your blocks are so sweet! I love the older stories as well, and love your idea. :)

Egghead said...

Thank you ladies! Vivienne I used ink for the edges and a clear spray sealer.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Those blocks are adorable!
My creativity is being spent on homework. But SOMEDAY I'll be creating again. LOL **sigh**

DesertHen said...

Love these! I had a set of blocks similar to the bottom set when I was growing up. They were in a box and had different scenes on each and you could put them all together to make a puzzle of sorts. Thanks for jogging my memory. =)

Flea said...

Oh I LIKE the blocks. Very nice effect!

Linda Reeder said...

I love those old illustrations!

Amanda said...

They look great, love the images!

Krafty Kat said...

Gorgeous blocks- love those old images! New follower!

Karen K. said...

Those are beautiful! Very professional looking. I love 'em.

Country Girl said...

These are lovely, Vonda. I also love the Beatrix Potter books. My boys had the collection when they were little and their favorite was Miss Moppet.

Sybillinart said...

What a great ideas for recycling some old books! Very pretty.

Jenn Erickson said...

So beautifully done! Glad I saw your linkup at "Yesterday On Tuesday". Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

Gale said...

Very cool! I love the idea of using antique images on kids blocks!

Putz said...

i a creating obiedent kids at my cross walk, every morning and evening every week

Carolynn said...

I love those blocks! They look so professional and fun.