Friday, February 18, 2011

My Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This.......

.......or something like that.

Today, my life.

Wake up, open refrigerator. Fresh asparagus frozen and ruined. Fridge gets kick because it seems to be following in the steps of our last "new" fridge.  Said fridge had an ice maker causing problems.  This refrigerator, ice maker not dispensing cubes, just makes noise and now freezer has moved in to the fridge side to help ruin things.  The last thing it helped on was my eggs, yes frozen solid.  It only freezes things in one tiny area and of course that is where I put the eggs and now the asparagus. Kick!

Fast forward to end of day.  In a hurry to pick up granddaughters after work because farmer and I are going to see Elton John in concert.


Get to day care/preschool to pick up Lucy and she could not be found.  Three teachers and myself looking in all rooms and on playground.  Calling for Lucy.  Finally found her under small bridge hiding....teacher calls her out and she crawls out covered in dirt with leaves in her hair.  She told me she was hiding from Darth Vader (dress up day at preschool) who was chasing her and she fell asleep under the bridge. Shoes on wrong feet, shirt on backwards, skirt wrong side out and backwards.  I asked her why she was dressed like that and she said she forgot to dress up crazy today so she decided to be backwards and changed things around at school. Grandma says, "come little orphan child".  Off to pick up Emma then farmer.  Off to meet Kelli who is watching girls until we come home from concert...thank you Kelli!

Fight traffic and pedestrians while trying to find parking at the new Matthew Knight Arena. While standing in throng of fans waiting to get in the building drunk lady standing in front of me with crazy hat, large lit up red glasses flips bright pink boa over her shoulder while trying to light her cigarette hitting me in the face.  OK once I can handle but she kept flipping it over her shoulder probably trying to avoid catching it on fire from her cigarette all the while smacking me in the head.  OK, trade places with farmer before I take that boa and choke her.  Get inside and seated and look there! Said lady sitting in row below us. A quick evil thought that these seats were really steep popped in my head but I forced it out because thankfully she was about four people away from us.

 BUT Elton John was great. He played for three solid hours with no breaks. Wow! His piano playing is absolutely amazing. We had a great time and even got to sit with an old friend from our home town of Baker that I had not seen in many years.  The only bad thing? Poor farmer with flat tone now singing Elton John songs all the way to work and back. Fun times!!


10 comments:

Karen K. said...

What a great night! I wish I'd gone-- I didn't even think to try to get tickets. One of my best friends also commented on his piano playing abilities. She loved the concert. Sorry about the lady with the boa. I can totally relate to your comment about the steep seats. I also admire your restraint. ;) Lucy is so innovative with the backwards dress up idea.

Linda Reeder said...

That must have been a scare until you found Lucy! Then there she was looking like a fright! Great story.
Your whole post was fun. It's good to hear from you.

Jill said...

Yay!!! I'm glad you two had so much fun, even with crazy chain-smoking feather boa lady!!! Sounds like you had an interesting time getting TO the concert, but at least it was enjoyable! I'm jealous! ;o)

Jill said...

p.s. Lucy! What a little goofball! I love that girl.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Fell asleep under the bridge??? Funny. Not to mention all the clothing changes.
Yeah, I would have been having visions of a front page newspaper with the heading of a feather boa murder. Atleast she didn't push you to your limit by sitting in front of you. LOL
Glad you had a great time in the end!

Kristi Flanagan said...

ha, ha, ha - you tend to attract them! Hey, sis, I saw a movie you have to go see - I know you'll love it - Gnomeo and Juliett.....tee, hee. I know you love those garden gnomes!

Egghead said...

Actually Kelli saw it and loved it and I have to admit that the previews look funny. Little beasts! I don't know why they are so popular.

Country Girl said...

Well, if that was the only bad thing about the concert (farmer singing), then it sounds like a good time was had by all. Even the pink boa smoker lady.

Scary, though that a child could go missing like that at the day care. But all's well that ends well.

Flea said...

After the second hit in the head, it gets flipped back over her shoulder into the path of the cigarette. Gah!

Carolynn said...

Just catching up...

I love Lucy's style! Great way to ad lib.

I saw Sir Elton in concert once a very long time ago. I don't really remember it, but know that I enjoyed his performances.

Sounds like a great night out.

....now...where did I put my pink feather boa.....?