Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Belated Happy New Year!

I can now breathe.  The holidays are over, the decorations put away, Kelli is moved in to her new apartment and working two jobs, Jill, Wade and the boys are home now, Wade chasing the bad guys and Jill chasing her boys (sometimes known as the bad guys as well) and taking care of her day care business, Brian is now back in Buffalo teaching and working on his dissertation. The farmer and I? Back to work and work and work.  I am taking care of Lucy and Emma every Thursday while their dad finishes up his Masters degree.  It makes me remember so clearly the rushed mornings when the kids were growing up of making sure breakfast is eaten, backpacks are packed, lunches are made, teeth brushed, hair combed and dragging the farmer out of bed at a reasonable time so we can all go our way to school and work.  Busy and fun times but I know there is a reason you should be young to handle all this.  

So I was dumping some photos off of my camera and found these that Jill had taken.  Lucy and Ayden sharing a quiet moment in a toy bucket.  Funny because she is five and he is two and he is almost as big as she is.  He adores Emma and Lucy and they are both so good with the boys.  

BUT this is just a captured quiet moment.  While Jill's family was visiting, Uncle Brian was teasing, the noise level was ear splitting at times.  I often wonder how my mother and father handled the noise in our home with seven kids, dogs, cats and friends.  Oh yes! Now I remember. They left.  I kid!

Don't let these two fool you.  They were having a party of their very own on new years eve.  Where was I.  I missed all the fun.

Happy New Year.  Wishing you and yours a New Year filled with peace and happiness.

7 comments:

Carolynn said...

That is a sweet photo. Glad to hear things are going well for you & your family.

Blessings,
Carolynn

DesertHen said...

What a cute quiet moment and party moment photo...=)

Happy New Year to you too!

Flea said...

:) LOVE the photos. I enjoyed having my noisy kids around me when they were younger, but now that they're teens, I think it would drive me nuts.

Mental P Mama said...

That is adorable! Happy New Year to you all!

Linda Reeder said...

Good to see you back in the blogosphere.
All is well here, and we're off to a good start. Hope you are too.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Thank you!
And I wish the same for you and those you love!!!

Kristi said...

Very Precious.
Kristi