Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Strange Little Creature

Look very closely at this statue of Joseph and Mary on my deck. Do you notice anything unusual? That is besides the fact that it is still out after Christmas....hey it is solar and now is the only time the lantern can light up much. You know those Oregon gray days!

Zoom right in and look a little closer.


This little baby lizard looks like he belongs perched on top of poor Joseph. My granddaughters caught him and had a little too much fun posing him.

Oh and while we are speaking of granddaughters, Lucy who is almost five really made us laugh out loud last night. See these cup hooks? I have been using them to make a gift for my mother in law (I'll show you later).


Lucy was being silly and held two of them up to her stomach and said "See Grandma, I am a hooker.  Now you can hang your coats on me".  I don't think the farmer and I have laughed so much in a long time.  Poor little girl was rather confused at why we found her innocent remark so funny.  I did kind of try to correct her. Sort of. Maybe. Blink!

5 comments:

Miss Riya said...

Once again your blog has put a smile on my face. Hug that grand baby for me!

I teach the 4&5 yr. olds at my church. I love that age because they say the funniest things.

Last week one of the little girls in my class asked me why ladies have big chests. I quietly explained that this is how God made us, so that we can feed our babies. She thought about it for a minute, scrunched up her nose, and matter-o-factly declared that her mother only fed them pancakes, sausage, and sometimes strudel!

~Miss Riya ;-D

Kristi Flanagan said...

Now, you can brag that your grand daughter is a hooker! Ha, Ha, Ha!

What are you making - I'm anxious to see!!!!

Love you,

Kristi

Melba said...

That was soooo funny! Children have a way of making life so much brighter!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Hilarious!
I remember being confused when I was a child and would say something that my parents would crack up about. And not tell me what was so funny.
I don't see anything wrong with your Christmas decoration hanging around this long.
I still have my mantle decoration hanging on the mantle, just because I like the way it looks.
Cute lizard. I wonder what was going through his mind as the lights were flashing in his face?!

Karen K. said...

That was a great post. I love the innocent comments of kids. That made me speculate though... what is the origin of 'hooker' anyway? Maybe that shows MY naivete! ;)