Friday, March 26, 2010

A Little Crafty Week

I have been absent for a bit from my blog. Busy crafting and taking care of my granddaughters plus various other things that life throws up at you.

Since my lovely younger sister is hosting her "Friday Plant A Punkin Seed Blog Party" I thought I would show a couple of cute things I worked on this week.




Punkin Seed Productions


Kristi (that crafty sister) is the master of making these adorable blocks.  She sells them in her Etsy shop so be sure to visit and look at the soooo cute things she makes.  Well I, being the copy cat I am decided to make my own little version of this particular set because my daughter Jill happened to mention that she loved it. The description fits her little boys perfectly.  Of course my version is nowhere near the perfection of my sister but I don't sell them so Jill will just have to like the sloppy version I made her (sorry Kristi.......I don't mean to butcher your version).



Now you all know Easter is coming soon and I posted a couple of stitched things I have been working on here.  I decided I just have to show you the Easter gifts that I finished up last night for my grandsons. We are headed to visit them at the coast today bringing my granddaughters along for a few days. We will have a little early Easter celebration since we will all be together for a change. We will also be celebrating my other daughter, Kelli's birthday. She just turned 25 last week and what better thing to do but have seafood for a birthday....I ask you.....what better thing can you think of?


These little egg guys crack me up.  Years ago I made the girl version for Jill and my niece Amber.  Jill lost hers long ago and I ran across the pattern and just could not resist this for her boys.  So stay tuned I still have two more of the girl version to make before next weekend. I don't know why I do this to myself.

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Okay. Those blocks and that definition? The best. Ever. And those eggberts are adorable! Have a wonderful Easter!!!

Jill said...

MOM!!!!! I am so freaking excited!!!! I LOOOVE those blocks so so so much, they are perfect! You are so wonderful!!!!!! And the Humpty Dumpty's---I wish I could scream my happiness right now! I have ALWAYS been so sad about my Humpty disappearing--I think he went to Goodwill in the bag of special stuffed animals me and kelli had planned on keeping instead of the actual Goodwill bag! That still makes me really sad, as well as a few of the other old dolls/animals I had wanted to keep for my kids! I am so happy now! Thank you so so so much! Can't wait to see you and the girls later today, and neither can the boys!!!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Hey sis - great job on the blocks. Like I said, talent runs in the family! Thanks for posting your creative seed at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Love the Humpty Dumpty dolls. So cute!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Flea said...

The egg people are just DARLING!!!

DesertHen said...

The "eggs" are just adorable!! You have been very busy! Happy Spring!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Those eggs are adorable!
Have fun at the coast!!!

CeeCee said...

Everything is sooooo cute. The egg men are adorable and so serious looking. :)
I'm glad you've gotten some good time in with your G'daughters. Memories for a lifetime.