Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lucyisms



Never a dull moment in our house when the little people are around. Lucy spent the night with us tonight and these are just a few of the funny things we experienced.

While watching a Lady and the Tramp video we came to the scene where the grandmother is watching the baby. She thought the dogs were going to hurt the baby because the grandmothers Siamese cats had tried to get up where they smelled the milk and the dogs of course chased the cats and tore up the room. So the grouchy old bat grandmother kicked the dogs outside. Of course I hear "why" for the millionth time as most of you know only a four-year-old can ask. I explained that she thought the dogs were going to hurt the baby because she didn't know what had happened with the cats. Then Lucy says in a matter of fact voice while looking at me..."yeah, because old people don't know anything, right Grandma?"

Blink, blink! I just didn't know what to say as I tried to smother my laughter. She was so serious and didn't say it in a mean voice but rather a voice that sounded very sorry. Well!! What am I? Chopped liver?

On to Grandad. In a game of hide and seek which she forces him to play for hours it came her turn to hide. She tells him to count and decides to hide in the pantry. In the middle of his counting she hollers "Grandad I need you to shut the pantry door". So he shuts the door and continues to count. After walking around pretending to look for her, sitting down to watch a little television, he finally opens the pantry door and "surprise" finds her. She asked him if he had looked in the bathtub. He told her no and she told him to go look for her in there. He said "but I already found you" and she said "but you didn't look there so go look". So off he went to look for her in the bathtub. This is the only way she could be found. I love how he still went to look in the tub....what a softy.

The last thing....after reading her a bedtime story I gave her a kiss good night and she told me that "this makes my heart happy". Blink!

19 comments:

Flea said...

What a sweetheart. And you married a good man. :)

Country Girl said...

The second sweet post involving children and hearts that I read this morning!
Check this out from a blogging friend I visit from England:
http://crystaljigsaw.blogspot.com/2010/01/sweet-heart.html
It's sweet like yours.

noble pig said...

OMG she is hilarious! You know nothin'!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Funny little Lucy! And - Dave going to look in the bath tub!!! What a good grand dad!!! It's finally out - old people know nothing!!!! What a relief,now I don't have to pretend!

Love you sis,

Kristi

CeeCee said...

OMGoodness! What fabulous stories! I'm so glad you shared and even more glad that you blogged about them. Memories in pictures and words!!


My youngest begins to tell a story today, "So my friends tell me that there's this old lady in their neighborhood that jogs everyday with Sprite in one hand, a cigarette in the other one and she's not wearing any shoes!"
My hubby: "Really, how old is she?"
Kiddo says: "Oh she's about as old as mom."

So, old people (like us) don't know anything AND we're weird. :)

Karen K. said...

How absolutely fun. And isn't it great that you'll have these things written down to share with her when she gets older! She (and you!) will love reviewing them later. :) Thanks for sharing.

Mental P Mama said...

Precious! Is there anything better than going to bed with a happy heart?

Twisted Fencepost said...

So sweet!
I'm with Mental P....nothing better than going to bed with a happy heart!

DesertHen said...

Awwwww, that is so sweet!!

Jill said...

I love that kid!!! She is hysterical!!! Oh I miss her. And what a good Grandad to go help her hide, then pretend to take so long finding her... ;o) I love it!

Linda Reeder said...

How sweet and funny! My four year old granddaughter is always cracking me up too. But I don't know if her grandpa would have gone and looked in the tub like Lucy's did. What a guy!

Farmer Jen said...

Cool that he looked in the tub for her! A softy.

Kristi said...

Maybe old people don't know anything, but boy they have so much more patience with little ones!!! That's why grandparents houses are the best place to be and make hearts so happy :-) Lucy's a doll.

Sarah Peterson said...

hahaha- those stories are so funny. The hide and seek reminds me of Liv. They just don't understand that hiding involves staying quiet ;)

Farmgirl_dk: said...

But see? Just the fact that she said that to YOU about "old people" and then looked to YOU for confirmation means that she doesn't think of YOU as old. What a little sunshine she is - that picture is delightful. Your hearts must be happy every second she is around!

Putz said...

fresh from god she is, i understand the look in the bathroom thing, it has to do with patterns or order or something like that, even if i looked in the bathroom the last six times at the very first, i must do it the same way again, probably order>>>>god probably does his work tjhat way, hey egg don't be a strangler and come visit....i have a new blog about someone you may grow to like like i like your grand grand

Mental P Mama said...

Ummm. I miss you!

Mare said...

Lucy [I love her name] seems like she brightens up your world quite wonderfully!! She's a gem!!

Paula said...

Everything about this post is so sweet! I love that Grandpa went to look for her in the bathtub and I'm terribly sorry that you don't know anything. It's okay, I'm an old grandma too but my grandbabies are all only two so they won't know for a couple more years that I don't know anything!