Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Workin, Workin, Workin

The past three weekends the farmer has been stacking our wood. I really felt kind of (just a bit) sorry for him because he has been doing this alone while I was busy with other things. Oh and he and his aching back let me know about it. Don't think he didn't.



Well I decided I would grab my trusty gloves and help him out since he was toiling away so hard. Some people just have a gift for stacking wood perfectly. The farmer is one of those people. Not that I can't stack a piece or two. I have been known to do that.


See what I mean? The farmer is rather anal about the square ends of his stack. Real pretty. Yeah. Pretty.


But to be this anal and pretty at the same time takes patience, something I just am a bit shy of. I just don't feel the need to make it all this pretty.


So here is my stacking ability. I wondered why the farmer told me to just never mind. It's not so bad.

Is it?


I guess that is why he told me to just go mind my chickens.

Blink! Blink!

10 comments:

Junebug said...

What a great way to get out of stacking wood. Just tell him how well he's doing. And he is doing it well.

Carolynn said...

LOL...I think your stacking needs a wee bit of work. Or maybe not. Perhaps you're just incredibly clever, like Junebug suggests.

Thank you so much for your truly lovely notes at my place today. I hope the one post didn't bring you too much pain.

Much love,
Carolynn

Linda Reeder said...

Your wood stacking reminds me of why I never learned how to milk the cows. Sure, I had to help in the house instead, but the trade off was fine with me.
I did stack a lot of wood though. I learned how to make those fancy cross hatch end stacks, the purpose of which was to hold up a free standing stack. I actually liked stacking wood.

Jill said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha! I feel like that's my response to all of your posts, but you crack me up! I can totally see Dad patiently stacking each piece of wood just so! My stacking ability is closer to yours...

Michelle said...

This is how my hubby gets out of back rubs; do it badly (e.i. painfully hard or wimpy and useless) and she won't ask anymore!

But I would LOVE to have some of that firewood! Our woodshed is pathetically empty....

Twisted Fencepost said...

I think minding the chickens is way more fun anyway.
Besides they won't let you stack them. tee hee

Judy @ daily yarns said...

My stacking would look like that too. I would rather mind the chickens anyway. Enjoy your blog.

Kelli said...

I like your stack of wood... better than I would do! I can't believe how neat and tidy the wood piles are!

ThankYou said...

I would love to have a need for all that stacked wood! It just doesn't get that cold here in the winter. Only a few days of freezing weather off and on all winter. I love his detailed work. I could zone out and do that myself. It's something to consider meditative and do...just zone out, like doing dishes or dusting. Makes it feel less like work and more existential (sp?).
I'd rather do the wood, as I'm afraid the chickens are going to start a coup and revolt and peck me to death...kind of a country version of Alfred Hitchcock's the birds.

Karen K. said...

Wouldn't work for me. My husband would just patiently keep working with me to get it right...