Monday, September 14, 2009

A Tale Of Two Little Friends

Saturday evening our friends Charo, Blake and Estella came to visit and have dinner with us. One advantage of working at the University is that I have become friends with many people from other countries. Charo is from Spain and we love her so much. She is a favorite among all the children and adults alike and never fails to keep us laughing. Blake is from Canada and his wife, Estella is from Columbia. They have the most beautiful little three year old girl, Lucia and now are the proud parents of yet another beautiful little girl, Alicia who is only four weeks old
.


My granddaughter, Lucy and their little Lucia (Spanish version of Lucy) see each other about once a year so don't really even remember each other. But after the first few minutes of being a bit shy they warmed right up to each other.



Of course Charo helping them make silly faces using my computers camera made them forget they were shy at all.



Giggles erupted and the sound of their little laughter was music to our ears.



By the end of the evening our two little Lucy's were great friends.

Don't you wish you could be this free and happy?

11 comments:

Maria said...

Absolutely! They have it all figured out at that age - what's important that is. Then we grow up and forget

the7msn said...

Free, happy and with perfect skin. Great shots.

Linda Reeder said...

What beautiful little girls. And yes, I could use a good giggle right now.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, they are so adorable :)

I think little kids are a good example for all of us!

Jill said...

Adorable! I can't believe how beautiful and grown up little Lucia is!!! She's so pretty! Oh I miss Charo and Blake and Estella... :)

Miss Riya said...

THESE PICTURES MAKE ME SMILE.

P.S. I POSTED THE RECIPE YOU REQUESTED ON MY BLOG.

BLESSINGS,
~ME

TSannie said...

Such joyous and beautiful little girls. Love the photos!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Don't you know it!
I spent my childhood wanting to be an adult.
I'll spend my adulthood wanting to be a child.

CeeCee said...

Beautiful babies! They look like they've known each other all their lives. The joy of childhood.

Stella said...

Thanks for the beautiful post. Lucia loved to see her pic with Lucy. They had a magic connection!
Estella (Lucia's mom)

Junebug said...

Yes, happy as little girls only can be. Great.