Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What I'm Digging Today

Back in March the farmer and I celebrated our anniversary and he wanted to buy me a new sewing machine. Well, who am I to refuse such an offer?



I looked and looked, read up on many and finally decided on this little beauty. There are so many great machines out there but I really wanted one that would do the basics plus a little more. I loved all the stitches that the expensive machines can do. In fact basically some of them can be set up to sew and you can walk away and eat your lunch. But I really didn't want to spend that much money.  I knew I would never use all the stitches and I just plain like to sew. So having the machine take over just seemed to take the joy of sewing away.


SewSo, here are the last few projects I have been working on. My favorites are the two little kitty purses I made for two of my nieces. Aren't they adorable? So off I go to make Lucy a purple kitty purse for her birthday. Shhh! Don't tell her.

15 comments:

Carolynn said...

That's an awesome gift! What a sweetie you have there. Great sewing projects too. Beautiful! I used to sew when I was in my teens. As I've grown older I seem to have become less patient rather than more and just seem unable to sit long enough to complete a sewing project more in-depth than hemming a pair of pants. I must be a product of the times....

Deb said...

looks like a great machine...such cute projects you have been working on...

Mental P Mama said...

I think that machine has lots of fancy buttons on there! Love all of these things. And my lips are sealed;)

TSannie said...

Wish I was good at using one of those contraptions...I'm not! Neat projects there.

Maria said...

you are so talented, I'm truly impressed with all that you do

Twisted Fencepost said...

I love to sew, too. Don't get to much beyond mending things.
What I wouldn't give for a machine like that and your talent.

Country Girl said...

What fun projects, Vonda! I used to sew and don't even remember why I stopped. Well, besides the fact that someone stole my sewing machine.
Those kitty purses are adorable.

Flea said...

Nice machine And I LOVE the kitty bags! I just sold my serger, and unless my Viking dies, I'll have it for life. But the Janomes are nice!

Gayle said...

Wow! You've gotten right to it. I've been really wanting to sew, but I will wait for a rainy day. I can't waste one minute of summer!

Tipper said...

Amazing gift-and from the looks of it-it works great!

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, I'm like Gayle. No sewing in the summer. But I love your projects.

CeeCee said...

Wonderful!! I can't hardly sew a button on a shirt, let alone anything as wonderful as your pieces.

Jeannelle said...

Gorgeous sewing projects, Egghead! I've never heard of "Janome" brand sewing machine before.

Yolanda said...

Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Nice machine AND even nicer projects. You have some serious talent, Vonda!

You may have to consider opening up an Etsy and selling some of your bags. Those kitty bags would sell like hotcakes!

~Lisa