Friday, May 29, 2009

There Is An Impostor In the Hen House Again

 

Heh! I kid. This robin egg was found at the bottom or our pool. How it managed to be there I really couldn't tell you. Perhaps Ms. Robin bottomed out as she flew over or a more likely explanation is that a crow or blue jay stole the egg and lost it's grip while in flight. Who knows!


Lucy was spending the night as usual on Tuesday and she was so tickled to find this egg. She kept saying it was a candy Easter egg.  We had a little lesson on how when something or someone touches a birds egg the mama bird will not come back to it. She seemed to accept that, or so I thought. She then asked if she could just take a little lick to see if it was candy. O.K. then!! I had to take that little blue egg away before a few licks happened. But all was good because she was on a mission.


The fun thing about living out in the country is the things little kids can find to do. Lucy told me she was going to find some treasures. Here is some of her loot. Then off for a bath and bed time story.

Sorry no blue egg for breakfast. 

17 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I love the color of a robins egg. Such a beautiful blue. What a wonderful picture the picture of all of the eggs together.
Just got to love country life!

Mental P Mama said...

Treasures, indeed!

Twisted Fencepost said...

So cute!!!
And pretty, pictured with all the others.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, I love the egg photo and Lucy's precious collection of treasures! Ah...childhood...let it linger.

Karen K. said...

I love the egg photo. I'm envious that you have fresh eggs. I'm not so envious of the effort it takes to have them though. ;) We brought home some fresh eggs from my brother-in-law's home last Monday. I'd forgotten. Mmmm...I know what I'm eating tomorrow! They're sooooo much better than those counterfeits I purchase at the store. :)

You are such a good Grandma. I love the posts of the interactions you have with your little ones.

DesertHen said...

Lucy's treasures are wonderful! I love country treasures found by wide-eyed children...=)My son and daughter both filled our house with many treasures when they were little.

Love the photo of the blue egg with the large brown and white eggs!

Country Girl said...

I find it so endearing that you posted this child's treasure. Fun!

Carolynn said...

I've never seen a bluebird egg...it's really a rich blue! I laughed out loud when I read that bit about Lucy wanting to lick the egg! I think I'd have been tempted to do the same thing! It's so cute!

frugalmom said...

That little egg was just her size. She just had to lick it. That makes perfect sense.

noble pig said...

So cute. It is the perfect shade of blue!

Paula said...

Lucy's a cutie! Can't blame her for wanting to lick that beautiful blue egg. Her treasures are the perfect kind!

Deb said...

Lucy is a great little treasure hunter....I can see why the blue egg facinated her so...

Putz said...

i think it is greatt you liket to sew...when they found out a typewriter was smart enough for a woman to operate, the men quit typing...sme with sewing i guess///i am just teasing you...i heard that as a joke somewhere

TSannie said...

What a beatiful egg! Treasure hunting with little kids is always such a treat.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So pretty! Reminds me of a malted chocolate Easter milk egg.

Love all the treasures, too.

~Lisa

Chickens said...

thanks for that’s useful information really that’s information i needed to know about how to start my chicken farm thanks again and please posting

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.