Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Love

My daughters planned a mothers day lunch of deli style turkey breast sandwiches on crescent rolls. They also served one of my favorites, fresh strawberries dipped in sour cream and rolled in a little brown sugar. To die for! And my thighs are now showing it.

I am so happy my two daughters, son in law and grandsons gave me a gift certificate to Joanne Fabrics. I love to sew and so I will be there shopping as soon as I can side track the farmer. He feels like following me around in the fabric store about as much as I like following him around a gun and knife show. Why do guys like those anyway? You know, the long old Japanese swords? Gah

My son sent me a beautiful gardenia plant. I can't wait to see it bloom. Oh and along with that he sent this wonderful mothers day greeting to me as well as to all moms out there. Yes we need to let the world know, Mr. T. We need to let everyone in on it. I love how the back up singers are dressed. Ha Ha!

Do you remember Mr. T? I think my son wanted to be Mr. T when he was growing up. The weight of all that jewelry must keep him toned and in shape. Maybe I will tell the farmer that I need lots and lots of jewelry for my weight bearing exercise routine. 

My granddaughters made me these sweet gifts. Some of my favorite things are the things that were made by my children and now my grandchildren. Treasures....and if I ever have to move there will be boxes of this kind of stuff to go with me. In fact when I die they will need a piano crate to bury me and my treasures in.


Lucy worked hard painting and planting. I love that she said in her card that she likes to make mac and cheese with me. That is a little guilty routine I have with the grandchildren. 


She also baked and decorated a very special cookie for me. She told me that her teacher told her that the person that the gift was for could eat the whole thing by themselves if they wanted to because it is a gift. But if they wanted to share then they could have a bite. Well we shared.


Emma painted me this card with water colors and hand sewed me this little sweet pouch. She informed me there was a surprise in it for me. I remember being this age and trying to hand sew and it never looked this good. Adorable!


And look at the surprise inside. She made this sweet little pin for me which I wore all day. 

Am I lucky or what? How was your mothers day? 

14 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You are waaaaay more than lucky! Mr. T is a prophet;)

Flea said...

You're so lucky! And that video - hilarious!!!

CeeCee said...

You are a blessed woman, indeed! The G'daughters are very creative and talented young ladies.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well, it wasn't as exciting as yours, but it was special in its own way.
Much relaxing going on around here. Sometimes that's all I need. That and hugs and kisses.

Junebug said...

Great presents! I may have asked you this before and I am sure it is a lot of trouble, but how did you get your blog page so nice? I know so very little html or whatever you need to do.

noble pig said...

OMG they are all adorable gifts! Of course you shared that cookie, was there even a choice? And the flowerpot and...and...

All beautiful and Happy Mother's Day!

Kristi said...

Wow sis! You are loved - what a wonderful day!!!! What sweet little gifts from the girls!

Carolynn said...

Your son is too much! I agree, though, I think the secret to staying in shape has to be loads of jewellery. :o))

Love all the little gifties. You are definitely loved.

TSannie said...

One lucky lady, I'd say!

Linda Reeder said...

What precious gifts - your children and grandchildren, and the things they have made for you.

Joyce said...

The handmade gifts from the kids are just priceless. I love being a Grandmom too.
Joyce

CeeCee said...

Is everything okay? You haven't posted since last Sunday. Hopefully, you're just taking a break.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, yes you are truly blessed. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day, my friend. All of your gifts are beautiful and very creative and made with love.

I love what you've done over here on your blog....though I do miss that beautiful handmade quilt given to you by your talented sister. :)

I hope you are well. I've not been by for a while, but noticed you haven't posted for a while either.

Is summer keeping you busy?

~Lisa

Putz said...

oh yes i remember that your mom and my mom peed in the same pea patch...that means were so much alike