Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom

I have this mom, the only mom I will ever have. She taught me perseverance and work ethic. She doesn't seem to hold a grudge against those who have hurt her. She taught me that no matter what your life held as a child that you could do better, not perfect but better. Her antics in life still make me laugh even though she usually doesn't see the humor in them. I will always remember her telling me that there is no such word as can't. If you want to do something, no matter what it was, you can. This is so true on so many levels. 


I don't remember her laughter that often as I grew up but she does now. That is what is important. She laughs now.  

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there....the most important job there is.

10 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Sweet tribute to your Mother.
I wish you and you Mother a very Happy Mother's Day!

noble pig said...

Lovely!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Junebug said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your mother. Laughter is good medicine. Such a pretty photo!

Carolynn said...

Excellent life lessons. Your mom sounds like a spitfire.

I like your photo of the tulips and the sunspots, too.

Happy Mother's Day, Vonda.

Country Girl said...

Thanks, Vonda. Hope your day was a beautiful one! It was gorgeous here.

Jeannelle said...

Lovely words. Lovely photo. Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Kristi said...

To an awsome mom....Hope you had a just magnificent beautiful happy day!

Kristi

Putz said...

my mom died when she was 59 after riding her motorcycle into the wild wind....but the motor cycle didn/t kill her, smoking cigarettes did, and maybe her irreverant kids and husband, or maybe her outspoken manner{like your mom , vonda}

TSannie said...

Love those circle on the tulips - beautiful.

Hope you had a wonderful Mom's day!