Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Dad Would Be So Proud

My father always wanted a large ranch. My parents had a small farm of 25 acres which of course kept him more than busy but it was not large enough to make a living. He always worked in construction but he managed a huge ranch for someone else in the last few years before he passed away. Sometimes when I think about him I imagine him wherever he may be working the earth and managing all sorts of ranches.

He could do that.

Jeanelle talked about joining Facebook and I have to admit I am there as well. But not for the reason you think. Of course I like to stay connected to my kids and a few friends from my past and present but really I just wanted to experience the management of my own farm.



So I spend my time on Facebook here on Egghead's farm. Becky is one of my neighbors. She has a nice farm that I like to go work on once in a while for extra points. Did you know that you can grow just about anything on your own Facebook farm? Who knew that I could grow sunflowers, wheat and rice right along side my tomatoes, potatoes and coffee. Oh and I have all kinds of trees. Temperature and growing season doesn't seem to be an issue. I grow oranges, apples, lemons and cherries as well as bananas, plums and now I have a palm tree and a few coconut trees.

Another reason I feel so successful is that it only takes one day to grow a crop of potatoes and strawberries. These crops are the fastest producing crops around. I am such a successful farmer that I thought I would quit my job now and farm full time. As long as my eyes and my fingers work I can plant, harvest and sell my crops. I even plow without getting tired. My animals build up as gifts and I have built fences, purchased my barn and am now saving my money for a silo and windmill.

I really think my dad is proud.

14 comments:

Junebug said...

So is this like sim farm? A simulated farm? My kids used to play the Sims. It must be like that. They had a theme park.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Egghead....very cool! I hadn't heard of Facebook farming yet. Already I've been invited to become a knight or join a mafia, but no one has mentioned a farm. I will have to look into this!

Kristi said...

Your farm looks great. Glad to see all your crops and animals are doing well. Do you ever have droughts or dust storms or plauges of locust? That is so adorable...your farm I mean.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh, you are so FUNNY!!! I wouldn't have guessed to be an FB farmer! I have to say, me and my Facebook account have avoided the millions of various facebook "applications" like the plague, but you've actually made the farm one sound incredibly wonderful! :-)
Here's to 1-day strawberry crops!! woohoo

Twisted Fencepost said...

LOVE THIS POST!
You crack me up. And I couldn't ask for a better neighbor!

Carolynn said...

That's hilarious. I didn't even know that was a feature of facebook. Could I have a rooster, that's really the question.

Leenie said...

The farmers in eastern Idaho are trying to plant potatoes in the rain. It really makes them grumpy, especially when the equipment gets bogged down or broken. FB farming sounds much more fun and easier!

Linda Reeder said...

I'm on face book, but I didn't know about the farm. Cool!

noble pig said...

Okay that is really cute!

Putz said...

yep yep yep, face book where you can tweet or twitter or fritter is where it is all at now,,,blogging is obsolete...i have desereted my blogsite as you can now see and of course rhymes with is now real mad at me too, all because of this new pahase,,, 78rpm then 33, now tweets obn facebook

Tipper said...

Now that is a farm! Don't you wish we could grow crops that fast in real life.

Gayle said...

You have a barn? I do not. :( One day I was too busy and let an entire field go to waste. Arrgg! Notice the animals don't eat the crops while wandering either. I enjoy playing along, but I wish it were a little more real...a bit more of a challenge. We should become neighbors...I only have two.

DesertHen said...

I had no idea you could have a farm on facebook! How fun...=)

Country Girl said...

Hilarious. And a very cute idea.