Sunday, March 8, 2009

Poop in a Bag and Stealing Purses

I know, I know!  How does poop and stealing purses relate one to the other? 

Well I spent the better part of the morning yesterday scooping chicken poop. Into a big plastic leaf bag. In a bucket. Why? Well I had to clean the chicken coop anyway and my sister begs me to save her chicken poop for her garden. I usually just ignore that request because she lives in town and either she has to come out here and pick it up or I have to go in and give it to her. Who wants to tote smelly chicken poop in their car?  She wants three or four hens of her own and has been trying to convince her husband to build her a coop so she would have all the poop her little heart desires and eggs as well. Her husband just rolls his eyes. 

Cleaning the coop is a nasty job but there is just something so great about watching how the hens love all that fresh hay or straw. They scratch and make these funny cackling noises and have to jump up in their nesting boxes right away. No not to lay me an egg but to scratch around and make a nice indentation to lay down in. Then they hop down and off they go to another spot.  Makes me laugh every time. 

I had this dream last night that I stole two purses. One was from a co-worker that I haven't seen in over twenty years. I used to work with her in the school district in my home town. Not only have I not seen her in years but I can't imagine stealing her purse. The other purse was from a thirteen year old girl that my youngest daughter mentors. For some reason she was carrying a huge old lady purse like my mother carries. In fact both of these purses were like that. Why would I want to steal these purses?  In my dream I didn't take anything out of them. In fact I didn't even open them. I was just going to go get rid of them somewhere. I was contemplating where when I woke up. What???  

The only thing I can think of is that somewhere in my consciousness I hate huge old lady purses filled with junk so I must bury them.  All of them.  Even an innocent 13 year old child's old lady purse. I guess I feel obligated to save her from the huge old lady purse syndrome. I don't know.  I must be bitter about my mother carrying around those huge bags with fake jewels on them. Do you remember those?
 
Or maybe the chicken poop has gone to my head.

18 comments:

Maria said...

funny

Poetikat said...

You don't know how happy it makes me to read about your hens - free to hop about in their nesting boxes and not caged in tiny little spaces, eking out an existence, producing eggs with no life at all.
I am envisioning a joyous space and with I could see it for real!
As for your purse dreams - all I can think is you want to get rid of some of the "baggage" in your life, BUT I'm no expert!

Kat

I came by way of Midlife by Farmlight and would be pleased if you would check out my blog(s).

Mental P Mama said...

Wait! I have an idea. Transport the poop in those purses of your mother's. She won't use them any more;) You're welcome.

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Time to clean out our henhouse again, too. Adding an eighth hen (you can read about it in today's post) probably means an exponential gain in goo....

Linda Reeder said...

Is there some connection between big bags of poop and big handbags full of junk? Like maybe it's all crap?

Gayle said...

I can see your sister now with bags of poop strapped to the top of her car! I definitely would make her transport it!

CeeCee said...

Okay, when I first saw the title, I transposed words--"Poop in purse".
Your sister's hubby is thinking, "why buy the chicken when you can get the poop for free." :0)

Claire said...

I think your mind was contemplating how funny it would be if you were delivering chicken poop to your sister in a big old handbag and somebody stole it from you and ran off with it, and all they'd get would be a bag full of poo. Hahahaha!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I am cracking up at everyone's comments. lol!

But I just don't know what else to say. See, what you've done, Vonda? Rendered me speechless.

And I didn't think that was possible.

lol!

~Lisa

Oregontribal1 said...

The poop in the purse thingy reminded me of when I was married to #1(poophead); his mother would bring her little mini doxie to my house and the dog would hide in a back room and poop. I of course would find it later. So I got wise, and found a poopy of her dogs, wrapped it in one of her hankies and put it in her purse! She never brought her doggie back to my house to do its business again.

noble pig said...

Okay that cracked me up. I would have to hire a cage cleaner as I would just gag...I would.

Putz said...

i know how to interpret dreams based on having them regularily for over twenty years....the purses represent the junk carried by people in their life and are meant for the garbage can...i had a therapist once tell me to walk up this hill in my dream and each time i came to a garbage can leave something in it and by the time i reached the top i would be bare of all non essential stuff and then could gorge myself of all the feast meant for me only as long as a nude woman wasn't standing over me int the air over my food

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well, atleast you weren't filling the old purses with chicken poop and giving them back!

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Very interesting! new blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Carolynn said...

I think your sister should get herself a hammer & some nails and build her own chicken coop. I would LOVE to have fresh eggs every day.

Odd dream. I would ponder that one a bit more if I'd had it.

Jeannelle said...

Super post, Egghead! Love hearing about the hens.....we all should be so cluckingly satisfied with a clean place to sit.

Interesting dream....perhaps you wish to bring an old friend and youth back into your life somehow.

tipper said...

I don't know which is funnier-you hauling chicken poop in your car or the old lady purses!! Thank you for the laugh this morning-I needed it!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Egghead, since you hate old lady purses, and the cleaning the coop is a nasty job...I'm sure you stole those purses to carry the poop in to your sister who lives in the city, who will in pay it forward, use the poop and pass on the purse...to some other lucky soul. Soon there will be no more Old lady purses on Earth!