Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Have This Sister

Who would have thought that I would put a cow eyeball on my blog? Well my family is kind of shall we say, multi-special.

I was reading something my sister, Kristi wrote about her little girls birthday party on our sisters blog and I just could not shake these images from my mind. My sister is amazing. She does all sorts of things and never seems to run out of energy and creative juices.

She home schools her children and here she has the kids experience the dissection of a cow eyeball. Surprisingly they are really not too squeamish abut these things because she is not.


She then jumps from eyeballs to cross stitch and creates many beautiful things. She sews beautifully as well.

On to painting. Oh yes. She can paint.

She then switches gears back to a bloody mess of dissecting something again. Gah!

Then off to bake her daughters birthday cake. I can't believe this.

Ummmm! I can gather eggs. Oh and I can also answer the phone with feathers stuck all over my hands while in the midst of butchering chickens. I can dig potatoes too.

My I am multi talented special.


18 comments:

tipper said...

Wow your Sister is an amazing person-now thats what you call multi-tasking. And I think your pretty special too!

Maria said...

OMG, don't worry about comparing yourself, she's not real, think maybe she is a pod person or some robotic thing from the future?

TSannie said...

I'm impressed with your sister's talents - she's good!

Well, I'm of your frame of being...but I can walk and chew gum at the same time. That's about the extent of my talents...(sigh).

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well some of us are born with it all.
And some of us, like me, are not.
I am GOOD at SOMETHING, I just don't know what it is YET.

Putz said...

you say you have a hard time geetting images out of your brain, sometimes, well what about us and that images of theat cow eye, how am i going to get that image out of my mind????huh???huh???

Flea said...

You lost me with the cow eyeball. I'm not usually squeamish, but EW.

Gayle said...

Your sister's talents just burst my bubble. That painting...that cake..you're kidding, right? I am humbled.

Deb said...

Your sister is multi-talented for sure. I couldn't help wondering where did she get that cow eyeball to disect?
We are all multi-talented.....some of our talents are just more obvious than others. People that don't see them just aren't looking hard enough :)

Kristi said...

It must be in the name. I'm wondering too. Where do you get a cow eyeball? That takes talent.

Mental P Mama said...

I am so nauseous.

Egghead said...

So I bet you all thought my sister went out in a field and hacked off part of a cows face including the eyeball, huh? Ha ha! A local butcher provides her with things that she uses for teaching. She just tells him what she wants and when things are available he calls her.

Country Girl said...

I have one of those multi-talented sisters, too. It's probably we locked her in the attic when we were kids . . .

noble pig said...

Ugh. Yeah the cow eye...ummm, not for me...the cake ADORABLE.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mental P. Mama. Nauseous!!! The cake is amazing!!

Carolynn said...

Wow. She IS Wonder Woman. She can have the eyeball,s but I want one of those cakes!!!

That little cutie pie with the glasses is way too adorable. She's so engrossed in the goings on. I sense a budding scientist there.

Kristi said...

ok - sis - you didn't warn me that you were going to post my um.... "talents" - your friends are WAY TOO KIND - but I do have to agree with "Kristi" it's in the name (tee, hee)!!!

You guys crack me up - you just all need to become buddies with a butcher!!!!

And sis - you are so WAY TALENTED!! You have to be - we are related you know!!!! I love you and you are way to kind and sweet to me!

Jeannelle said...

Oh, my lord.....I may live on a dairy farm, but that eyeball is a little too much for me, Egghead......

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ummmm....I hope you all wash your hands in between the dissections and butchering and other tasks. gah! You guys are crazy cool! lol!

Homeschool families rock!

That cake is precious!

You must be so proud. :)

~Lisa