Thursday, February 26, 2009

Warning! Don't Do This

We have been trying to stay on our budget faithfully by making a list and following it. But seriously. This is hard. So the other day I was going to stop by the store to pick up two things on my list. I have a very real sweet tooth and have been having withdrawals for days from sugar. Because my lips were chapped I dug around in my purse for my chap stick. It was gone and the only thing I could find was this evil thing.

Yes lip gloss that smells and tastes like chocolate. Not thinking too much about it I slathered it on and went on my way. As I am walking around looking for my two items I kept smelling chocolate. Yes it was that strong. My stomach began to growl, my mouth began to water and I began to get light headed.  I was getting weak and I was sure I was going to pass out so I quickly made my way to the self check out line. 

Yes I bought a chocolate bar there at the last moment. It was either that or go eat my lip gloss in the car.

Step away from the flavored lip gloss.

15 comments:

Jill said...

This is exactly why i can't have nicely scented chapsticks!!! Even cherry-flavored Chapstick BRAND smells too good! me and Byron fight over who gets to eat it! :) But hey, at least you got some chocolate! MMMMM!

frugalmom said...

Wow! Do they have that in M and M?

Maria said...

too funny

Twisted Fencepost said...

That cracked me up!
Did you sit in the car and savor every last bite before driving home?
I would have. And destroyed the evidence!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Maybe the lip gloss companies are in cahoots with the candy companies.....do you notice how many lip gloss/chapsticks are sold right beside the candy??

And what is up with coffee flavored lip gloss? Noone likes coffee breath, so why would we want our lips smelling like coffee??

:P
~Lisa

Maria said...

Thanks - I had to get some chocolate this afternoon - ha

Country Girl said...

Oh, I bet that chocolate bar tasted SOOOOO much better than the flavored lip gloss!!

Linda Reeder said...

Obviously the problem is that it's already at your mouth. My chocolate scented candles don't make me want to eat them.

Jeannelle said...

Research shows that chocolate is very good for you....you know that, don't you. Good thing you gave in to the chocolate bar.

CeeCee said...

Thats exactly why I use, plain old fashioned chapstick.
Hopefully you picked Dark chocolate, as it is good for you--chock full of antioxidants. :)

Carolynn said...

lol...you're a riot. I hate those flavoured lip balms...the strawberry ones are the worst. I hope you enjoyed your chocolate bar free of guilt. Everyone needs a treat from time to time.

Have a great weekend.

TSannie said...

too funny!

Tipper said...

Well I think you made the right decision :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Why do they make such good smelling and tasting lip gloss? I have a raspberry lemonade that you could almost eat! :)

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

That's funny; I have some "caramel latte" flavored and scented lip gloss, and it kinda satisfies me, rather than making me crave a sweet coffee drink (which I LOVE)!