Friday, February 27, 2009

On Patrol

I love spring. I love tulips, daffodils, and pussy willows. I patrol around our property searching, searching for any little sign of a flower popping up through the winter dirt or a green bud trying to burst forth. 
I find I am even a patrol warden at work. The campus is pretty year round but the spring....oh the spring. I am loving the little crocus right now. But every once in a while the reminder of fall creeps in with some beauty.

Isn't this tall grass beautiful, especially in the late afternoon light? I had to get a photo before they chop them down for the new growth.

9 comments:

noble pig said...

It is lovely, brown and green always look great together.

Gayle said...

I'm so buried under snow and wishing it were Spring. You shared lovely photos. My in-laws are in Brookings, OR and they sent photos of blooming flowers! I'm so jealous.

CeeCee said...

I am on the lookout for greening up as well. Trees are budding and tiny hostas are poking their heads up as well.
My very long driveway is lined on both sides with ornamental grasses . I leave them all winter. I love the brown and gold, waving in the winds.
It's now time to tackle the job of cutting them back. Back breaking work and I have over 25 of them. Aleve, where for art thou?

Twisted Fencepost said...

Spring may very well be my favorite time of year. Well, after it warms up anyway.
I noticed flowers blooming and new ones sprouting, and birds building nests in two of my birdhouses, the other day.
Yippee! It's springing!!

Jeannelle said...

I love the feathery grass scenes. Nice to hear you have crocus blooming, too. Spring...please hurry to the Midwest!

Mental P Mama said...

We are getting a blizzard tonight. No crocus here.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

They remind me of brooms. When they cut them, save them and make brooms. :)

No Spring here. We'll be getting snow soon. Winter doesn't release it's grip here until after May!

~Lisa

Carolynn said...

That grass does look lovely. I enjoyed a patch of Snowdrops that I saw planted by the side of the road this weekend. Made me smile.

Tipper said...

I've been patrolling for spring sights too!