Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Will Work For Food

One thing the farmer and I like to do is have the grandchildren visit. In the past two weekends we have had the little stinkers over. We had some crafting going on and ended up with glitter everywhere. Hair, eyes, hands, arms, face, floor. I'm still finding glitter.

Emma is our little budding artist. She always has something crafty going on and is the lover of the glitter, glue and mess. But her creations end up on my refrigerator and in many a gift under the tree so it is worth her efforts.

Lucy usually just makes a swipe or two with the markers or crayons but this time she and Emma found many lovely ways to sparkle. The glitter in their hair was the biggest challenge to get out. I'm sure they are still sparkling for their dad.

Byron has a fascination for all things with motors. Cars, trucks, trains, planes, flushing toilets and now he knows the sewing machine works. His mama was sewing and he jumped in to work for his dinner.

"I work for food, Gramma".
Little Ayden has to perform with lots of smiles. Gets him dinner every time.


video

Of course we had a giant mess and I do believe that Lucy's favorite part was the clean up. Seriously folks, I don't make her do these chores. She begs to cook, wash dishes and vacuum.

12 comments:

Carolynn said...

Great bunch of kids you have there. I used to love to iron sheets as a kid. Now, I'm not sure I could even find my iron...

Jeannelle said...

Does Lucy hire out......like to Iowa?

Adorable post, Vonda!!

okiesister said...

We had to ban glitter from our house after an unfortunate laundry incident back in the mid 90's.

I got a "sparkly" Christmas card in the mail yesterday and had a bad flashback.

DesertHen said...

What little cutties they all are...=) It looks like everyone was having a very fun time....=D

frugalmom said...

oh yes, glitter. That stuff never really goes away. It simply just gets moved around and around....

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well, I'm with the girls on the glitter thing. I likes shiney things.
And the sewing machine motor too. Although I don't get to see it as much as I'd like.
My floor could really use a vacuuming. *hint*hint*

TSannie said...

Your babies are beautiful. My nephew used to LOVE vacuuming when he was about Lucy's age.

Country Girl said...

Oh, this was so sweet! Loved the little movie, too.

tipper said...

Looks like total fun-even with all the glitter!

Putz said...

those kids are so lucky to visit and WORK on a operating farm, and of course they love to work ...it is in most of us unless we covered it up by listening to the world...the alllred family in grantville had hay, eggs, pigs, cows, ponds, for me and i tired myself out with chores at age 7, 9, 11, 15...then i got a regular job

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh my gosh, I see so much of *you* in little Ayden!!
What fun to have your sweet 'little stinkers' around. They clearly love their grandma!

Kelli said...

Those pictures are adorable, and I especially LOVE the one of Ayden!! He is just so cute, I can't get over it! Byron is so funny these days, and both of the girls are getting more and more creative. Lucy seems to being following in the footsteps of Emma, its really sweet! :)