Friday, December 12, 2008

The Smell of Christmas

What makes memories special for me are my senses. To smell, taste, touch and hear are truly gifts that I am grateful for. If I were told to keep only one of my senses I might just have to choose smell.  Sure it is wonderful to listen to the Christmas music this season, hear my grandchildren's laughter, see the lights and decorations and taste the dreamy holiday treats but there is just something about the smells of Christmas that make memories sweet.
This potpourri is one of my very favorite things at Christmas time. It is only available this time of year and it smells heavenly. Not only does it smell good enough to eat but it is very pretty in a bowl as well.

I am not being paid to give a shout out for Aromatique. I only show you this because I really do love it. The company also sells candles and the oil to refresh the potpourri. Try some. I guarantee you will love the smell of your home.

I have decided that I wish to live in my Christmas village. 

Note: I know yesterday I probably made a few of you sick by showing you the dead mouse. But he was sort of cute, wasn't he?

13 comments:

frugalmom said...

Well, yeah. Look how peaceful it looks there.

Mental P Mama said...

I wish I could live in your Christmas village, too;)

Carolynn said...

I've thought about which sense I would be willing to give up if I had to and I'd be very hard pressed to relinquish any of them. I think if I had to be left with just one sense, it would have to be my sight.

Putz said...

we are the world's biggest turkey producer in the world....so our lovely smealls are of turkeys growing to be on your table

threecollie said...

Stumbled on your blog via Deb's Tylerfarm. I love it! Lots of good reading here.....and I go out barefoot in winter all the time too. lol

Farmgirl_dk: said...

May I come and live in your Christmas village, too?

Becky said...

I love the smells of Christmas.
I get dibs on the pointed little house on the right.
And you have to put a couple of benches in the middle so we can visit eachother everyday!!!

noble pig said...

I want to live in the church, I've always loved the steeple.

Deb said...

I would think everyone would want to live in your christmas village :)
I love the smell of the holidays but am very "smell" sensitive. Most fragrances of any kind give me a migraine. I recently found these wonderful little soy tarts called "christmas" that do not give me a headache and they smell like a fresh cut balsam tree.
It's wonderful to have that fragrance in my home again :)

Yolanda said...

I too love all the Christmas smells.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I agree about the scents of Christmas. The scent of fresh balsam and baking cookies are some of my favorites.

But my nose is very sensitive...too sensitive...and the bad smells often outweigh the good smells.

So I'd have to forego my sense of smell. I'd rather keep my sight.

If I couldn't see my beautiful children, and one day my grandchildren...or read, do puzzles, paint or sketch or knit...or watch my llamas or horse grazing in the paddock, my life would hardly be worth living.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Jill said...

MMM....I can't keep my nose out of my bowl of Christmas smells! I love walking into your house and smelling Christmas, it takes me back to being a kid and how magical you always made Christmas! Ah, now for fudge and green and red rock candy... :)

tipper said...

Love the smells of Christmas too! Is there room in your village for me?