Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Have To See This

I don't often speak of my siblings a lot here because my sisters and I write a blog to keep in touch. But I just have to pass this along. 

See this girl? She is my baby sister. I mean she is the baby of the family, our little parental vacation baby surprise (I do admit we were ALL a surprise for our parents if you know what I mean). She is amazing. Really. Not only is she a wife, mom and great sister but she is talented and artistic. She paints, crafts, sews, works part time outside the home, and home schools her three children. 

As I said we keep in touch with a blog. You must go see this post she wrote because it has a video which shows exactly the type of home school teacher she really is. It is amazing and it makes me laugh because of the reaction of the kids.  She does special projects like this with a few other home school families so they can all experience these things. Last year they dissected a cows eyeball.  Yikes! 

It is the second video (at the bottom of this post). 


11 comments:

Jill said...

gross and rad all at the same time! wade was very impressed, jealous that he couldn't be there for the cow dissection! :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wow! She is really a hands on kinda teacher, huh?
Boo would love to go to her "school"!!

Country Girl said...

Amazing. I can see why you are so proud of her, Aunt Vonda! The children look so excited, too. What a wonderful share!

Junebug said...

Very cool. What a great way to teach!

TSannie said...

I salute your sis. If I had home schooled my chillun, they would have been the village idiots! I admire anyone who has that in them! I most certainly don't.

noble pig said...

Oh she is awesome...lvoe her.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Homeschoolers rock!
And your sister is one awesome teacher and Mom.
And she adorable, too :)

I can see that the silliness and fun runs in your family, too. :)

Thanks for introducing your baby sister to us.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Carolynn said...

Hey Vonda,

I have an award waiting for you over at my place.

Carolynn

The W.O.W. factor said...

That is so awesome! No wonder you are proud of her! I see so many moms homeschooling these days and I think it is a tremendous yet rewarding experience for ALL!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Barb

Kristi said...

ok sis - you make me blush!! You are way too nice! Hope your blog friends come back and visit our funny farm homeschool anytime!

Love you!

Kristi

tipper said...

She sounds like a wonderful teacher-and person!