Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Woot! Woot!

I had to take our car in for some repair today. After dropping it off I was blessed to drive our green and white beast, the farm truck, around to purchase the Thanksgiving groceries. This beast drinks gasoline like an alcoholic with a fifth of Vodka on a freezing night. I think we might get two gallons to the mile if we're lucky.

So I am driving around and notice that the gas gauge is getting dangerously low. I frantically start thinking to myself..."self, where is the nearest gas station?". I remembered seeing one a couple of miles back so I turned the loud obnoxious beast around and found the gas station not even checking to see what the price was. I told the attendant to fill the front tank and when he handed me the receipt I was in shock. The total came to only $25.40. I did a double take. The price per gallon was $1.99!!! Can you believe it? I haven't seen that for a few years. I am going to go gas up everything I can find.

Sorry there won't be any pots, pans or bowls for our Thanksgiving meal. They will now be storing gasoline.

13 comments:

HeatherHere said...

LOL! That's so funny. I had the same feeling when it happened down here - "Man, I wish I could fill up another car!".

Gas here is at $1.65 give or take a penny. Love it!

Mental P Mama said...

We are still at 2.29. I am coming there to fill up! Happy Day!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Gas here is 1.65, too.
I just wish diesel would come down. That's what I use in my truck. It's still 2.45.
But it's still better than the 4.39 that I was paying. So I won't complain.

frugalmom said...

Oh wait...youre One of THOSE people, right? Meaning that you dont have to get out and pump your own gas!!!.....I think of you Oregonians all warm and snug as I pump my gas when its 10 degrees here.

I do have to say tho that I am loving the drop in fuel prices. Maybe we will get lucky and it will stay that way for a little bit.

Carolynn said...

The prices have dropped a wee bit up here in Canada, as well, although the taxes they add on somehow cancels it out. Love your description of your truck's gas gussling tendencies.

Kristi said...

I'm with you!!!

A very loud "WOOT! WOOT!"

I filled up for $1.47 a gallon recently. Cheaper than Pre-Katrina prices!

"WOOT! WOOT!"

CeeCee said...

I was so wowed the first time I paid less than $2 this month, that I almost took a picture of the sign.
Doesn't take much to entertain me, does it?

DesertHen said...

Gas dropped here to....get this...are you ready....$1.79!!! I about wrecked the car this morning when I saw that!! I can't believe you have a gas station that still has an attendant that will fill up your car/truck.....I haven't seen one of those in a million years!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That's amazing!
Seems like we're all getting a break on gas around the country.
Here in New Mexico it's only $1.56 a gallon! Woot Woot, indeed!

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, Vonda!
Hope it's filled with good food, wonderful friends and family, and many happy memories to be made :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

noble pig said...

Yep, $1.95 in McMinnville today..crazy huh.

Shauna said...

woot woot! you had me snorting with laughter. snorting. ah man, I think I woke up the boys!

Happy Thanksgiving, Egghead!

Jill said...

You are so funny! W saw gas for $1.sixty-something at Costco, and Jack and Betty saw it for around that at Arco AM/PM (ok, for gasoline-scented water, I suppose that's not a surprise)! I thought I was all nifty last friday filling up when it was 2.11, and it only cost me $39. Two days later, it had dropped 12 cents! Argh! :)

tipper said...

Thats how my husband has been feeling about his gas guzzling big truck! We are down to 1.65 here!! Hope it lasts.