Thursday, November 13, 2008

What The Ding Dong??

Last Tuesday, yes on Veterans Day, I had to work while the farmer had the day off. Soggy Oregon has been providing us with lots of rain recently and when I returned home I walked through our main entry way which is dark most of the time because it is behind our huge rock wall fireplace. 

I tripped on one of these blue bowls and water when sloshing across the floor. Yep this house has yet another leak in the roof that is not even ten years old. The house is over 30 years old but the roof was supposed to be just a few years old when we purchased it. This is the second and third leak in this room since we moved in. We also had two sky lights replaced because pools formed on the kitchen floor that first rainy season after we moved in.  I don't know.

These are the two newest. If you enlarge the photo you can see the white streaks on our ceiling where we get to be the unwilling audience of drip, drop, drip, drop. 
Money pit.


11 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hmmm...Well that's another way to bring the outside in, eh?

How about I add some heat to your day and help dry you out a bit?

You are one hot blogger! :)

Come gather your award.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Twisted Fencepost said...

Ooohhh, that's not even funny!
I feel for ya. Re-roofing is not cheap.
I guess a tarp would be out of the question. Well, it would do, temporarily.
Good luck with the "money pit"!

Country Girl said...

Owww. That's not good. I hope it gets resolved sooner than later.

noble pig said...

Oh that is the worst...THW WORST!

CeeCee said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry!

Putz said...

my dad bought a 100 year guarantteed tile roof whebn he got tired of roof damage, and i swear he is dead but that tile roof is still perfect

DesertHen said...

Not a good thing to have rain indoors!!! I hope you get it all figured out and fixed soon.

rhymeswithplague said...

Too bad about the leaks. My sympathies.

Please elaborate on the origin of the phrase, "What the ding dong?" as it is new to me! I do remember Eric Idle saying on TV, "Let's have a ding dong!" and then everybody sang, "Ding, Dong, Merrily on high! Hosanna in Excelsis! Glo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oria, Hosanna in Excelsis!" but I don't suppose that would have anything to do with your use of the phrase....

DesertHen said...

There is a little something for you over at at my blog...stop by when you can.

The W.O.W. factor said...

Oh dear...next it will be snowing inside! ;)
But hey, then your grandbabies can build a snowman without getting bundled up!
....sorry.....I shouldn't joke you about that, you may ban me from coming back here for some giggles!
Hope your week is starting off better Egghead....really I do!
Barb

tipper said...

Yikes that is disappointing!