Thursday, November 6, 2008

There Is A Place I Love To Go

There are cabins to stay in if you wish.

Secluded pathways.

A pagoda to climb in.

A lodge and two pools heated naturally by a hot spring.

Beautiful flowers line most of the paths.

Cross the bridge.


There are many trails and open grassy areas surrounded by trees and flowers. In one meadow you will find this little hand made log cabin. I understand this was built by the husband of the original owner. 

Something secret if you follow this pathway.

Not visible from the trail is The Secret Garden. This is where one of my daughters had her engagement photos taken and they turned out beautifully.


This is Belknap Springs and is around an hour away from where I live up the McKenzie River Highway. I love to visit but I have not been back for several years. In fact the last time I was there was in 2003 with my daughter and her fiance looking at possible wedding sites. I stayed here with two of my sisters on an annual sisters vacation one year and another year for a large family reunion with my husbands family. I have heard good things about the lodging and terrible things but I can only tell you of my experience.

First the grounds are beautiful and superbly tended. Now that said, the lodge and cabins are not quite so well tended. If you like rustic that is what the cabins are like. When we stayed it wasn't so bad but I have seen terrible reviews as of late regarding the cleanliness and the mice/bugs.

Since I don't need to stay here I still love to visit and wander around the grounds. There are RV sites, camping and you can lounge in the hot spring pools for a minimal fee if you like. To stay? I can't really say today but to experience the visual sites it is well worth spending a day with your camera.

13 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

You captured some great shots.
Good enough to make me want to visit.
Love the little cabin!

The W.O.W. factor said...

OMG! Egghead~ I went there years ago! I had forgotten all about it, thanks for the filling that memory!

fishing guy said...

Vonda: That is a wonderful place for certain.

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful spot...lovely photos. Sounds like a great place to relax, read, and enjoy life......

And W.O.W.'s been there too...how cool......=)

Linda Reeder said...

As I sit here looking out at the cold and the rain and the early darkness, that was a perfect little mini-vacation. Thanks.

Carolynn said...

That really is a lovely spot. All of it. Thanks for sharing it.

Mental P Mama said...

That is beautiful. I like the Rocky-like stance of the fiance, too;)

Putz said...

so all of this was july...you remind me when it is 11 degrees in utar that you were warm and having fun in july

CeeCee said...

Looks like heaven!

Jeannelle said...

You framed some lovely scenes for us on this tour! I'd like to sit and relax on a stone bench there in the shade. Nice to see all this green.....our green is fading away now as winter starts to close in.....

noble pig said...

I am going to have to check that plce out, it's so beautiful. Thanks for the heads up.

tipper said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit!

Country Girl said...

This is beautiful! I am so glad you posted about it. It's soothing to see.