Thursday, November 27, 2008

Special Blessing

Years ago I was taught this sweet little Thanksgiving blessing. I fell in love with it and I like to dig it out of my cobwebbed mind and at least say it to myself this time of year. Of course I should be saying it every day but then it probably wouldn't seem so special to me. So I will stick with my usual praying style and treasure this one at Thanksgiving. I think this will be a good one to teach my grandchildren.

Thank you, Lord, for each new day you give to me,
For earth and sky and sand and sea,
For rainbows after springtime showers,
Autumn leaves and summer flowers,
Winter snowscapes so serene,
Harvest fields of gold and green,
Beauty shining all around,
Lilac scent and robin sound,
Stars that twinkle high above
And all the people that I love.
~Author unknown

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. May you be blessed with love and joy.

12 comments:

Carolynn said...

I Love that! Thank you for sharing it.

BTW, I've launched a giveaway contest over at my place today, if you want to swing by and enter.

Have a great day filled with Blessings!

Carolynn

noble pig said...

That was beautiful, hope your day was great!

Putz said...

very nice sentament, i am thankful for christmas trolls and my grandaughter megan...yep

CeeCee said...

Happy THanksgiving to you too.
I hope you had a wonderful one!

DesertHen said...

What a sweet little prayer. Thank you for sharing. I hope you had a wondeful Thanksgiving day with your family.

Linda Reeder said...

And not a mention of flat screen TVs, laptops and smart phones!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Well I didn't get to see this post until today.
Such a sweet prayer. I'll have to store it away in my cobwebs, also!
I hope your Thanksgiving was happy and peaceful!

Country Girl said...

Loved it. Never heard it before. Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Hope your weekend is wonderful.

rhymeswithplague said...

A beautiful Thanksgiving prayer.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, this prayer is just beautiful! I'd not heard of it before, either. And...what a good line about digging it out of your "cobwebbed mind". Very good!

Hope you and yours are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

tipper said...

Beautiful little prayer-perfect for kids and adults!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That is such a descriptive filled nature loving poem for Thanksgiving or anytime of the year.
I think it would be beautiful framed or made into a sampler, too.

~Lisa
New Mexico