Friday, October 31, 2008

A Spooky Event Takes Place Every Year





Gotcha! You thought I was talking about Halloween. Well that takes place every year too but I am talking about my husband. His birthday is today as well as his parents anniversary. I once asked him if he felt cheated about having his birthday on Halloween. He told me he was so naive as a child that he thought that everyone was celebrating his birthday with him. Funny!

This is one of my favorite photos. Not because it is of good quality because Country Girl and Pioneer Woman I am not. But I love it because it shows just how much he adores the grand kids. In fact he does have a name. Not farmer, Grandad as you would expect or Dave which is really his name but I call him "Snack". For this is the first thing out of little Byron's mouth when he sees him. He runs over there and grabs Snacks farmers hand and says "snack, snack". Farmer is a softy and the kiddos know that even though they have been told no more snacks if Grandad is in the room, then the sneaking and snacking begins.

Each year I make a birthday/Halloween/anniversary dinner and take it in to my in-laws so that we can celebrate and watch all the little trick-or-treaters. This year is no exception. In the past we have dressed up as many things and I have lots of photos of past costumes and fun stuff. But that would become quite boring after a while and Blogger couldn't hold all those photos.

But I leave you, farmer, with this.  Happy Birthday and many more to celebrate.

Your loving bride.

11 comments:

Tammy of Lurksville said...

Yikes...that last photo skeerd me a little...

what I was gonna say was...

bOo!

I enjoy your blog!

Happy Birthday to Snack and ya'll have a happy and safe week-end!

The W.O.W. factor said...

Snacks! Isn't that a Grampa's job? Love the name and wish him a Happy Birthday!
Bet you "scared the love" right into his heart with that photo!
Have a great weekend!

rhymeswithplague said...

Fetching!

Oh, and happy b'day to Francis Octavia Smith, a.k.a., Dale, a.k.a Dave!

Mental P Mama said...

What a prize you are Egghead!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Happy Birthday, Snack!
Happy Halloween, Ya'll!
That last picture looks like your ready to give someone a great big sloppy smooch.
Love it!

Carolynn said...

Yikes! Thank gawd, love is blind!

My niece's birthday is on Canada Day, so she gets magnificent fireworks in celebration. Lucky her!

Happy Birthday Mr. Snack.

DesertHen said...

Yikes.....you scared me...he, he, he.

Happy Birthday to your Farmer, Happy Anniversary to your in-laws and Happy Halloween.....What a fun day for all of you.

I'm a 4th of July baby. Up until I was about 10 or so, I thought all of those fireworks were just for me......=)

noble pig said...

Happy Birthday and the last photo is a total winner!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Happy Birthday, Snack!!

tipper said...

What a sweet and funny post! Happy Birthday to the farmer/mr. snack! and love the pic of you!

Kelli said...

Hahaha!!! I love that last picture of you!