Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kind of Creepy

Let me preface this with I hate spiders, especially big spiders. We seem to be gifted with the large hairy kind around this time of year and they seriously give me the heebie jeebies.

See these cute enormous little spiders? My grandson gifted his cousins (that would be my granddaughters) with these a couple of weekends ago. The farmer and I took the girls to the grocery store with us and Lucy had that spider clutched in her little three year old fist the entire ride to town. She insisted on bringing her spider in the grocery store with her and after riding around in the cart I actually forgot about it. That is until we were half way home. She informed me that she lost her spider and wanted to go back and look for it. Well we decided it wasn't a good idea to drive back to the store to go spider hunting. It would be less expensive to just buy another one the next time we were in town.

So fast forward a few days later while in the store of course. I was digging through my purse looking for something and about jumped out of my knickers. What should pop up but that darned spider clutching my wallet. Apparently Lucy had dropped it in my purse and I now had found the nasty looking creature. After the checker finished guffawing at me I took my red little face out to the car. I looked at that black spider and evil thoughts of stomping on the thing surfaced and tempted me sorely.

So what's in your wallet?

I leave you with this little quote from Fred Allen. "I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap". ~Fred Allen

10 comments:

wooden toys said...

Likewise. I really have fear on spiders. Small or big spiders. So weird that if I can see one at my room, I would be able to get inside and sleep there. hahaha. But honestly, I would really die because of that. grrrrrrr

Twisted Fencepost said...

I don't mind spiders, over there. Not over here. Know what I mean?
It probably would have scared the pants off me too!

The W.O.W. factor said...

LOL! Probably would have given myself a heart attack seeing how big that thing is!
(love your "...so what's in your wallet?" Great ending for this post!)

Linda Reeder said...

Great story, well told.

oregontribal1 said...

My mom is DEATHLY afraid of spiders. Once when she was a teenager and went to visit some cousins in Oklahoma; and they had a "two-holer" out back. Her aunt had her son go and do "the outhouse stomp" before she used it. So this cousin was a stompin and bangin and practically shook the four walls!! My mom thought he was doin this to flirt with her....when she turned on the light she found every kind of spider and bug alive!! She still HATES spiders!!! Teresa

noble pig said...

I posted this same spider on my Halloween a day photos...I love him.

tipper said...

So funny. I wish I could have seen your face! I hate spiders too. Creepy Creepy. The odd thing in my purse-a pocketknife. You never know when you need to cut something. My girls make fun of me-but they have needed it many times!

Shauna said...

he he he he. I would have to say that the best spider to find in your purse would be of the plastic variety. Still makes me squirm a bit thinking about that. So cute Lucy got attached to her 8-legged friend.

And what is in my wallet? NOTHING. And that's the problem! :)

Jill said...

Ha ha! Come on, Mom, Lucy Goose left you a present!

CeeCee said...

Ha, great story! I love spiders, but don't like to be caught off guard by any---real or pretend.