Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is This You Too?

Let me begin by saying that we live in a house that we have been updating for seven years....actually almost eight. The farmer is a methodical and thoughtful kind of person and prefers to take his time doing things. I on the other hand am completely the opposite. I need things done yesterday. In fact I would not ask you to do something if I meant tomorrow or two years from now. It is how I was raised. My parents expected us to jump to it when requested.


This is what happens when I have asked over and over again for something to be done, from the simplest mundane "take off your shoes in the house" to the "when will the decks finally be finished?" My jaw grows hinges that just will not snap shut and lock. I don't think I am nagging but I know in his head this is what the farmer sees. Actually I am quite sure that he hears what you are hearing right now as well.

Nothing.

This is what he would prefer to see. "Yes dear!" But I am telling you now this IS how I always am.

Aren't I?

16 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Have you been looking in my windows? This is exactly the same things that go on inside my home. Unfinished updates....!

Mental P Mama said...

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. And it's me, too.

CeeCee said...

You, my friend, are a hoot!

rhymeswithplague said...

Hilarious! Actually, "Yes, dear" is one of the three most important phrases a MAN can learn (the other two being, "I love you" and "I'm sorry, I was wrong").

What we say in the South is true, you know. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Junebug said...

Hilarious! I thought when you said he hears what I am hearing right now you were saying something. I turned my speaker up and read "nothing." So funny.

Carolynn said...

Ha! Cute, clever post!

I used to be exhibit A. After exercising some self-restraint, I can happily say that I spend much more time as exhibit B. My mantra has become, "There is more than one way to do this" and "He'll get to it." Another key for me is to simply breathe.

As a single woman though, I don't have to deal with this issue often or for long. ;o)

frugalmom said...

That had me cracking up. Why is it that we feel like we are talking and yet, somehow....its just not going anywhere.

Country Girl said...

Freaky and cool. And sounds familiar . . .

The W.O.W. factor said...

LOL! I gave up Lonnnggg ago, just do it myself if I want it done. LOL!!!!!! Way too funny!
(I have TMJ and now my jaw hurts...and my neck..and I'm still laughing!)Great Job!

TSannie said...

OMG! That is too funny!

Do not give in to that second expression!

noble pig said...

Ha! That made me laugh!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

That top picture is so funny - i just sat at watched it for the longest time. I even turned up the volume in the slight chance that you might talk to me.
Sadly, you never did.
But I liked the way you smiled at me at the end. And that nod...you're telling me it's ok to get goats this spring even though my Jim says no no no, right? :-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

BWHAHAHAHA! Gosh this totally cracked me up. Both pictures were just so funny. I had to sit for a few minutes and just stare at them. How entertaining!

Thanks for the laugh....and yes I do agree with everything you said...and said....and said....and said...and said...said...said..said...said....

lol!!

Yes dear,
~Lisa
:)

Jill said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You come up with the funniest things sometimes! I too, feel much the same as you in the jabber-jaw picture--doesn't seem to get me anywhere, unfortunately. I tend to resort to the "do it myself" road anyhow.

tipper said...

You made me laugh!! Too cute.

Kelli said...

Haha you're right, this was even better after I read the whole post! It cracks me up!