Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Colors

I know I have mentioned how I love this time of year. The colors are spectacular and I am amazed at how they seem to change every day. So mostly for me I want to record what I am seeing lately.

A street near where I work blazing with maples.

Turn the corner and another beautiful street.

I love this view, one that I look at every day while on my way to work. I am always sitting at the light and what better way to wait than to look at this?

I love the cool crisp nights and sunny bright days. We can even see the many stars in the sky lately which is not very common during the winter rainy months soon to come.

I can't help myself. These leaves are amazing.

This maple grows before my in-laws home which was our home before moving to the country. Don't ask because the Evans family swaps houses more often than anyone I have known. In fact we have the mail carrier so confused that he just gives up and puts the mail in any box that says Evans.

On our way home there is this stand of aspens that someone planted years ago.

This is what happens when a hillside is logged. Most of what is taken are fir trees and before the replanted trees have a chance to grow tall many other trees take over and fill in. The good news is the beautiful color in the fall. Once all the leave fall it actually looks quite spooky because many of these trees have lichen that hang from their branches. Some time later this year I will take a photo and show you the comparison.

This beautiful view is on a back road that we sometimes take when driving home. I love this shot.

My neighbors tree.

A view from our driveway near the grape arbor.

This is actually from our front door but I always think it looks like our back yard. I guess because there is nothing but mountain and trees behind our pool.

This is from our back deck, you know the other back yard. When living out here everywhere is your back yard.

Happy fall everyone!

17 comments:

Carolynn said...

I've been experiencing the same awe and wonder at the beauty of the changing leaves here. Unfortunately, I'm usually in the middle of traffic when something catches my eye. You have a beautiful view! Thank you for sharing these.

DesertHen said...

The colors in your photos are just glorious!! Those maples are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing the fall color from your neck of the woods........=)

Twisted Fencepost said...

I agree! You do have a beautiful drive this time of year.
Maples are one of my favorite trees, especially this time of year.

tipper said...

Your photos are outstanding! The maples are sooo pretty.

Linda Reeder said...

We went out of the city to the Puyallup and Kent Valleys. I will be posting photos on my blog soon. Everywhere was beautiful color - the big leaf Maples are spectacular right now on the hillsides, and the reds and oranges of ornamentals are breathtaking. I couldn't get enough of it. I was torn between trying ti photograph everything or just enjoy it.
Your photos just add to my experience.

dlyn said...

Just gorgeous - looks like you were blessed with great color this year too!

CeeCee said...

Oh, thank you, thank you!! The one and only thing I miss about living where there are four distinct seasons are the colors.
Lee and I have plans to head to the east coast one fall in a few years to experience some real Autumn.

noble pig said...

Omg it's all so beautiful in Oregon this time of year! Absolutely beautiful!

the sits girls said...

Gorgeous fall photos! This is our favorite time of year, and the colors are just beautiful.

Country Girl said...

Beautiful! I love the view from the back deck!! You are so blessed, you know.

dina said...

Sigh... gorgeous! What a beautiful collection of photos. Thank you so much for sharing!

Mental P Mama said...

Spectacular. Truly.

Junebug said...

Breathtaking pictures. I don't know what I would do if I lived there. I might pass out from happiness. My youngest daughter is going to visit her boyfriend who is working in Oregon this week-end. She is flying to Portland. I know it will be beautiful. Thanks for the view of your place. You are blessed in many ways. And I'm glad.

Kristi said...

Spectacular, I get to enjoy the colors of fall now. Here everything stays bright green then all of sudden turns brown and drops.

Rose said...

You have some wonderful fall shots...I sure have enjoyed the change this year. But then every year I think is better than the year before...or almost every year.

Jill said...

Every single picture is beautiful! I love them all! My favorite part, though? This comment:

"In fact we have the mail carrier so confused that he just gives up and puts the mail in any box that says Evans."

Too funny! The last picture makes me so happy.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Such beautiful color! We typically one have yellow and orange here, from Cottonwoods, Aspen, Elm and Willows.

Your back and front yard views are amazing!

~Lisa