Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dragging Granny Through The Pumpkin Patch

Gotcha with that title. I admit the picture in my head was of that old Granny Clampett (you remember her from the television series The Beverly Hillbillies). Well I hate to disappoint you but I don't quite fit the vision of Granny Clampett. I carry a shotgun not just a weeny old pistol. No one is going to beat my grandchildren out of the best pumpkins in the patch. You should have seen the fields clear when old granny came through toting that thing. Of course it might have helped when I shot off a round into the air.

I kid, I kid. If I were allowed to carry a gun I would not be here today. I am probably one of the most clumsy things around.

We went to a local farm where the children could pick out their own pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. These big pumpkins were for sale but we already have some we grew at home. Stay tuned for the pumpkin carving later.

My oldest grandson, Byron spent a lot of time running through the patch and around the fields. 

Finally found his pumpkin. I guess the true test of a good pumpkin is a little lick. Stinker.

Emma found a very pretty gourd as well as a pumpkin.


Lucy picked out several. I think there were many taken off of the vine and this wasn't even the final one she chose.

Two piggies handing out balloons.

Did I mention free pie and ice cream?

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about Gramma. Pie.

15 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Oh yeah! Where is this place? I want some free pie and ice cream!!!

Mental P Mama said...

Heaven on earth.

Judi~Gmj said...

LOL!! I had to reread that last sentence. I thought you said that sweet baby was gramma pie, like in you could just eat him up! Grandkid are so much fun!! :) they won't let me have a gun because they are afraid I'd use it. :D

the7msn said...

Those balloon greeters have inspired me to get a wig for Wynonna.

frugalmom said...

Okay, wait. I didnt get free pie and ice cream on my visit to the pumpkin patch... Hows that work!?

Looks like everyone had a great time.

DesertHen said...

No pumpkin patches for us to go to around here......we have to pick our pumpkins out at the store. That looked a very, very, fun trip.......Just look at all of those pumpkins to choose from!!!!

Free pie and ice cream are always a good thing..........Now I want pie and ice cream......=}

Tipper said...

What fun! That last pic is priceless!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That last little face is such a cutie patootie!

But those pig ladies scare me a little. Ew.

Bring on the pie and ice cream! What an awesome place to pick pumpkins!

Oh, and Byron knew what he was doing. Don't you know that licking your pumpkin makes sure that noone else will try to steal it from you?

Clever boy :)

~Lisa

Carolynn said...

What a fun post! The photo of Byron licking the pumpkin really had me laughing, not to mention the vision of you as a gun totin' granny, and the look of complete avarice in the eyes of the little tyke at the end is priceless. Mmmm...now I want some pie and ice cream.

Linda Reeder said...

Great post. I love this time of the year!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

You crack me up! Great pix of you little ones... fun times with grandma!

Kristi said...

Yum - Pie - I want some!

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Mmmmm I think my favorite picture is still the pie and icecream! I think I should make another trek out just for more! And that Ayden sure is a cute little fart, if i do say so myself. I love that picture of Emma--she sure is growing up!

Jeannelle said...

Oh, looks like great fun! And, beautiful photos of beautiful kids!