Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sweet Morning

Remember back in July when I talked about this artichoke?  

Last Sunday my oldest granddaughter was up early with me. Her little sister was still asleep which is quite unusual so we snuck out to the herb garden. 

Her name is Emma and she once told us she was going to be a farmer just like her grandad. I don't know if that is still her goal but we do know she loves to gather eggs, pet chickens, look for lizards, plant the garden and flowers and she adores digging up the potatoes which she did that same day.

Here is that same artichoke above. I love to see it in bloom. I was looking at how the sunlight fell on the plants.

But Emma pointed out the bee and ant on the artichoke. You might have to click on this to see them. She has an eye for the detail because I certainly had not noticed. 

Oh for more moments like these.

9 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

So beautiful. Emma, the garden and the bugs, too!

the7msn said...

I had no idea artichokes grew this way...or bloomed. I guess I thought they grew on trees? What an idiot. I am so envious of all the things in your garden. And the thought of 50 gallons of blueberries in the freezer makes my jaw drop.

Jill said...

Farmer Emmy! She's so cute! She sure loves her special Grammy-Emma time, I'm glad you two got to sneak some time in the morning for just that! That artichoke flower is beautiful!

CeeCee said...

Your grandkids are so lucky! Hanging out with a grandma that cares is a thing of memories.
Isn't it funny that the artichoke is just a fancy thistle?

noble pig said...

She is so adorable! What a smile.

Country Girl said...

I love that you're enjoying them while you can. It's the little things in life, isn't it?

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Your granddaughter is beautiful!
I'll bet stepping on that gooshy blueberry unexpectedly was a bit like stepping on a small, cold SLUG. Ewwwww...slimy!! :-)

tipper said...

The artichoke is pretty-but Emma is prettier!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I too had no idea that artichokes grew like this or that they flower --- very pretty. She has a farmer's eye to see the pesky bugs on her plants! :)