Friday, August 29, 2008

Sky Watch Friday

I have been thinking about forgiveness this week. We all need to forgive someone or something and we all need to be forgiven. Have you noticed how hard it is to ask for forgiveness? I find it much easier to forgive than to ask for forgiveness.  I wonder why sometimes when I know that in the end it makes the other person feel validated and is soothing not just to them but to myself as well.  

It is so easy and common to ask God for forgiveness but I think He would rather have us do what is most difficult. We know what that is. 

Do you find it hard to ask? Is there something that made you feel so much better by asking forgiveness?

I love this quote by Mark Twain.

"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
~Mark Twain

To see other beautiful skies from around the world pay a little visit here.

14 comments:

imac said...

great Shot, looks peaceful

krisuh said...

Very nice image.

Carolynn said...

Nice post. I love the Mark Twain quote. I'm adding it to my list of favourites.

SandyCarlson said...

That is a very beautiful view on this exceptional post. Thank you.

Powell River Books said...

A beautiful combination of dark and light. Storms may be difficult, but they sure do produce beautiful skies, especially at sunset. My contribution is a shot of the sun with reflections on the water. I invite you to come see. -- Margy

Tommy V said...

nice swf photo

Merisi said...

Beautiful picture!
So interesting, how the clouds seem to recede when the sun's setting.

tipper said...

Amazing sky shot!

Jill said...

Perfect picture! Forgiveness is a difficult subject. I find it easier to forgive when asked than to ask someone else for forgiveness. I suppose it's putting your pride aside that is the most difficult. I hate that part. Goes hand in hand with saying sorry and admitting you're wrong, two other things that I have a hard time with! I definitely agree that God would rather us do the more difficult, because it helps us grow into kinder, more loving people. And I think we gain a certain degree of wisdom each time we take the hard road, the road He wants us on. Ok, that's enough acting like I know stuff or even comprehend stuff! :) Love you!

Linda Reeder said...

Lovely photo, lovely thoughts, beautifully expressed.

Louise said...

What an unusual sky! Wonderful capture of it!

Old Wom Tigley said...

Nothing to forgive about this great shot... :O)

noble pig said...

Beautiful picture!

carlamaldita said...

oh wow!


my site