Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Natures Perfume, A Conundrum

I was looking for simple lovely quotes for these photos. I was really just going to make this post short, sweet and beautiful. Here, see what I mean.

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
~Henry Beecher, Life Thoughts, 1858



Earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"



But then I found this quote and I just could not stop laughing. I had to do it......sorry!

Why do people give each other flowers? To celebrate various important occasions, they're killing living creatures? Why restrict it to plants? "Sweetheart, let's make up. Have this deceased squirrel."
~The Washington Post

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey! I'm a florist. Anyway, squirrels taste good. :-) Your lilies are absolutely beautiful. They look so tall. I get to look at your blog and drool over all the things I want to, but can't grow way down here. I did accidentally grow some beautiful lilies one year, but they never came back.

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful! Here's a bunny bouquet...

Shauna said...

often after a fight Trask brings me deseased squirrel and you know what, it makes everything better! ha. I love your blog so much, Vonda!

Em said...

Beautiful photos of your flowers... I wish I had some like that in my yard! I hope once I get this chicken saga all wrapped up that I'll have more time to spend outside in the yard, planting beautiful flowers!

Country Girl said...

I'm so glad you couldn't resist!

By the way, your gardens are wonderful!

Hootin' Anni said...

Love the Washington Post Quote. Too hilarious. And your flowers? Why they're absolutely stunning - such vivid photos. Here in Texas, this time of year, it's so darned hot not too many petunias can be seen.

I'm here from the Blogger Over 50 Blog roll and I just added your blog link to the list.

Happy to have you join us. Hopefully you can find some common friendships through our growing membership! Welcome aboard.

[you may have to refresh your browser to see the link's been added...and my blog is always ready for new, great bloggers visiting!]

Yolanda said...

I really enjoyed the flower photos. I see you are from oregon too.Hope you have wonderful rest of the week.

Junebug said...

I love the lilies. "Earth laughs in flowers." Man, that's good!

tipper said...

Beautiful flowers!! And very funny quote at the end. I'm glad you couldn't resist sharing it.

Twinville said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! And that last quote just cracked me up! hehe