Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Am Mr. Magoo

Note to self: Wear contact lenses or better pair of glasses when near pool.


I bet you thought I fell in again didn't you? Well no, but I did do something kind of stupid yet again. I do believe I need to be put in a rest home. 

Picture this.....I am leaning over the pool after cleaning the leaf basket. My old pair of glasses which are bent from baby grabbing and being stepped on, slid off my face and plopped into the water. They quickly sank to the bottom. When I tried to use the net to scoop them out, I found I am so blind I could hardly find the net let alone see where they were in the bottom of the pool. 

So I felt my way back into the house and put on another pair of glasses so I could retrieve the glasses in the bottom of the pool. It's hell to get old.

10 comments:

noble pig said...

Well at least you didn't fall in again! Ha!

I'm sorry i'm laughing with you, really I am.

Linda Reeder said...

I'm coming new to your misadventures, having found you through Skywatch, but I can tell yours is an action filled life.
I hope you can see clearly now.

Mental P Mama said...

Oh dear. I am right there with you...

tipper said...

I'm just glad it was only your glasses!!

Kristi said...

At least in the rest home someone else would have to clean the pool.

Shauna said...

I was worried that I was going to read that you fell in again! You write so well, and I love getting a laugh! (especially when it's not at my expense!)

Jill said...

ha ha!

CeeCee said...

I was so sure you were going to say that your second pair of glasses had fallen in as well.
So glad it was your glasses and not you! Geez, when are you going to get a pool boy?

Country Girl said...

I'm sorry, I'll stop laughing now.

Twinville said...

Where's the pool boy when you need him? hehe