Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Farmer or Fisherman

The farmer went salmon fishing with his brothers, nephews and one niece. He came home late on Sunday tired, with a big smile but soaking wet.  I had been teasing him before he left the boat they had chartered would just go around and around in circles in the bay making it impossible to catch anything but chunks of vomit from the fishermen who had no sea legs. He didn't think that was funny.

Well he brought home this beauty. A coho salmon which measured 30 x 9. Note  that he insisted on measuring from the tip of the fin to the tip of the nose. I do believe I saw him stretching that fish with all his might as I was trying to measure.

I ask him why he came home soaking wet. He said well I took my rain gear but in all the excitement I forgot my pants. I am still laughing because the only thing I can see in my head is him standing there in his rain coat, hat and underwear throwing out his line. Oh, and he didn't catch a thing. I know it looks like he did but the fishing wasn't as good as it sometimes is and so they divided up the catch between everyone. 

By the way, his 16 year old niece. Yeah! She caught her two (limiting out) and went in the cabin and took a nap. Of course if farmer would have worn pants he might not have scared everything away from his side of the boat.

Note: Farmer really wore pants.....just not his rain pants (he made me put this part in here).

9 comments:

noble pig said...

Wow, look at that freah fish....oh wow what a catch!

Mental P Mama said...

That is something! I love salmon. What time should I be there for dinner?

Twinville said...

Tee hee! You had me giggling this morning. I'm so glad my tea wasn't ready yet. hehehe

CeeCee said...

" I had been teasing him before he left the boat they had chartered would just go around and around in circles in the bay making it impossible to catch anything but chunks of vomit from the fishermen who had no sea legs" LOL!!

Good lookin' fish--enjoy.

Shauna said...

hehehe, I like how you think! :)

Carolynn said...

Well, they had fun and that's the important thing.

Mighty nice of the 'fishermen' in the crowd to divvy up their catches for everyone.

Speaking of fishermen, Congratulations to your niece and thanks to her for representing the fairer sex so well! I love that she went and had a nap.

Jill said...

Mom, you are too funny! And HEY, I thought it was a guys' only thing, NO FAIR! :) Just kidding! I can't wait to sink my teeth into that sucker--hopefully it'll be cooked by the time I get there! :)

tipper said...

What a great fish! And the pants thing is funny.

tipper said...

What a great fish! And the pants thing is funny.