Friday, August 8, 2008

Beauty Is A Bird

One of the things I love about living out in the countryside is how still and quiet it seems. Of course it really is not quiet but seems so when you take away the traffic noise and the neighborhood sounds. Not to say that these sounds ever really disturbed me but I am able to newly appreciate the sounds of nature where I am now. The noise I hear now are the sounds of nature such as frogs croaking, crickets chirping, coyotes howling, owls screeching, and the birds. Yes the birds, the birds. Perhaps it is age that makes me more aware and appreciative, I don't know.

Of course we hear the turkeys, robins, quail, crows, jays and lest I forget the chickens. How could I? There is one bird I have heard over the seven years we have been here that I have fell in love with. It is such a tiny little common looking bird but has such a wondrous sound. I hear it mostly in the evening hours just as the day is ending and the light is leaving the sky. Quite often I hear two of them calling to each other.  I have captured the audio on my camera so if you listen to the little clip below it shows just what a sweet little bird this is and just how beautiful he sounds. My heart be still.

SWAINSON'S THRUSH
video

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

So happy...

tipper said...

Just lovely little singing.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Ah, so THAT'S what that bird is...we've often wondered.

Jill said...

This is one of the many reasons I love to go out to your house, Mom!!! I love how quiet and peaceful it is! Not to mention: homey, comforting, spacious, plenty of room for the big guy to run around, and EXCELLENT company!!!

noble pig said...

Ahhh, what a song! So cute and sweet!

R2K said...

: )

Twinville said...

I, too love the sounds of nature over all others.
Bird sounds bring all the other nature sounds together like a symphony :)

learn chinese said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
And if you want to learn chinese,please visit at
http://www.chinesepal.cn/
or
http://www.chinesepal.cn/first/learn-chinese/index.htm
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!