Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Then and Now

Well lately we have been busy trying to transform some areas outside. We have spent so many years working on things inside that things outside were neglected.

This big pile of bark o'mulch went from this..........

To this. 
However, we still have much, much more ground to cover that you don't see.

This hard as rock flower bed went from this..........

to this. 


And the farmer loves tomatoes. He has tried many ways to grow them including last year out of the bottom of a bucket hung upside down. That experiment did not work and he blamed the deer. So although we have six varieties in our raised beds this summer he came home with this hanging planter just sure that we would produce all kinds of tomatoes. He tells me to look at the blossoms.  Yep I am looking. 


Now I am waiting to see this. Then he will be talking.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love dad and his farmer ideas! He is always full of them! :) I love the before and after pictures of that flower bed in front of your living room windows--shows such a major change! Much prettier now!

Country Girl said...

Ha! That's a good one. I don't even want to think of all the beautiful tomatoes we left in that garden.

Looks like you guys are doing a lot of work! Looks really good.

noble pig said...

Can't wait to see some tomatoes!

Mental P Mama said...

Looking good!

Tipper said...

Everything looks so nice-and I hope the tomatoes do good in the flower pot-I'm might try that one too.