Saturday, July 12, 2008

No Fear

Last night I was picking blueberries and looked over when I heard a quail making quite a racket. There he stood on guard while his partner was scratching around at the cracked corn the farmer threw out that morning. Look to the left and see the black cat just giving herself a bath and ignoring the bird. This is not our cat, in fact she is wild (I know it is a she because she has a baby kitten under the chicken house). She won't let us get anywhere near her so I am amazed she did not go after this quail. But even more amazed that the quail just stood his ground.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

That is a great shot! And a very brave bird!

noble pig said...

The bird has balls...do they you think?

k's mumbo jumbo said...

I just found your blog. I too grew up in Baker City. Thank you for so many photos of my childhood.

Em said...

Wow, that's a very brave bird... or a very fast one! Maybe the mama cat had just dusted off one or two of his chicks... and that's why he was so mad and brazen in his admonishment!

Tipper said...

Kitty must have had a full stomach or maybe afraid of birds? Neat picture!