Monday, July 14, 2008

A Little Kansas In My Blood

No Dorothy I'm not from Kansas but I found this recipe a long time ago and fell in love with the ease and simplicity of it. A great fast and delicious way to use up fresh dill and cucumbers. I like to mix it up a bit at times and add sliced cherry tomatoes or Walla Walla Sweet onions. I have even added a little creamy horseradish to jazz it up.

The world is yours baby. Make this your own.




Kansas Cucumber Salad

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
5-6 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
1 bunch green onions chopped

In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar dill and salt if desired; mix well. Add cucumbers and onions; toss. Cover and chill.

6 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Yum. Yum. Yum.

noble pig said...

That sounds amazing and the shot of the cucs is beautiful.

The Texican said...

Hi Egghead, Glad you made it to Pappy's Balderdash today. Always glad to make new friends. The salad sounds wonderful. I'll have to try it. Come back again soon. Pappy

Tipper said...

That sound delicious and perfect for summer!

Jill said...

Mmmm...salivating...the perfect cool, summery dish! :)

Junebug said...

I am going to try this recipe. I usually make cucumber and red onions in salt/vinegar water. This sounds good for a change. Thanks for the recipe.