Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flirt Gone Wrong

The other day I was reading Dreams of a Country Girl and she had a tale that had me snorting my morning tea.  She said that someone gave her the stink eye. I had never heard that expression until last week when while at the Olympic trials the farmer and I ran into a guy he works with. The farmer introduced me and I thought nothing more of the incident. So this week this person told the farmer while at work that I gave him the mean old stink eye. 

Is this a stink eye? Well I beg to differ with him. I told the farmer that maybe that was my flirt eye. He didn't think that was funny. I don't really recall giving the guy any kind of look but maybe my flirt isn't quite what I thought it was.

This is my little grandson's stink eye or what I always called the "evil eye". Have all of you heard the term stink eye? Just curious if I am the only one in the dark, like usual. 

I am a country bumpkin.

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Oh yes. And at our house, we call it the hairy eyeball! Works wonders....

Em said...

We call it the evil eye around here too... one look and you know something is wrong!

Kristi said...

Yep, heard of the stink eye - we refer to it as Mr. Potato Head's "Angry Eyes".

I guess you must need some practice flirting!

noble pig said...

Oh yes, stink eye...evil eye...and the hairy eyeball comes from men who stare inappropriately.

Jill said...

I love the term "stink eye"! I think it's great! I hardly ever hear it anymore! Yeah, mom, we need to work on your flirty-winky-eyed looks a little bit; seems you're leaving the wrong impression! he he!

Tipper said...

Stink Eye-I've never heard it--but I like it!

Fat & Sassy said...

I've not heard of that before but we have used the evil eye term...I actually like stink eye!!!

"JEANNELLE" said...

Cute story! I've never heard the term "stink-eye". We just say someone "gave 'em the eye".