Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mistaken Identity

My youngest granddaughter, Lucy, loves anything to do with reading. She especially loves the princess fairy tales and I finally realized what she was trying to tell me the other day while we were reading Cinderella.

This is cutie pie Lucy who just turned three.

While reading to her when I came to the part where the fairy godmother appears to Cinderella Lucy said like many times before "there is the grandmother". I corrected her like I usually do saying that it was the fairy godmother. But this time she said while shaking her head "yes, the fairy grandmother". Oh how I smile when I think of this.....I am now elevated to godmother status via a mistaken identity of fairy grandmother.

Makes sense doesn't it?

8 comments:

noble pig said...

That is so sweet! I love her!

carrie & troy keiser said...

awwwwwwww

Tipper said...

Only as is should be fairy grandmother.

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper said...

From what I've gathered from reading your posts these last couple of months, I'd say she's got it right! Congratulations on your promotion!

Mental P Mama said...

And you are her fairy grandmother. What a precious child.

Jill said...

One and the same to these grandkids of yours, Mom! :) Who else would be crafty enough to hide packages of fruit snacks in her pocket for them??? Nothing better than having your own fairy tale in real life!

Country Girl said...

Ah, it makes perfect sense to me. Now you've got to get yourself a magic wand. (Jeez, I typed wang and had to fix it). Although they could be magic, too. OMG! I said that out loud! Feel free to delete.

Em said...

How sweet! You're her fairy godmother for sure!