Monday, June 16, 2008

Looking Up

I am home on what I refer to as "vomit patrol". I am taking care of my two granddaughters and both girls have been sick with the stomach flu and fevers. On days like today we do a lot of laying around and looking up. Here are a few things we saw.
These little birds keep the little guys entertained but to tell the truth they have been driving me a little crazy. They keep flying up to the window and flapping at it and hitting it on purpose. I think they see their reflections and think it is another bird. If you look in the upper left corner you can see the bird in mid air.

It begins in the early morning...we hear flap, hit, knock, knock, knock. It happens to several windows but mostly in our living room trapezoid windows which are tinted and my daughters bedroom window. This makes a cranky college student early in the morning.

This one almost looks like a bat. The annoying thing is they leave a mess on the windows and washing those windows are no easy feat.


We took an outside break and lay out on our swing just to stare up through the trees. 

Sunny branches

Oh what a lazy day!

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well if you have to have a stomach virus, then that's the place to be! Hope everyone is on the mend!

noble pig said...

Unfortuneatly barfing is the only thing that keeps the kids down and makes for a relaxing day. Sounds good to me!

Junebug said...

Those last two pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love trees.

Jill said...

I love the pictures! What is it with our family attracting the special ed animals??? It's bizarre...

Shauna said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better real soon!!

Tipper said...

Hope they feel better soon-at least you all have a great view while their feeling bad.

carrie & troy keiser said...

pukies are bad, but your outside tree shots are beautiful. We had a window at one of the places we've lived that attracted the birds like that, I understand.