Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back In Time

I have mentioned before that we were given a horse to train as children. Part of this was that we were supposed to show them in 4-H showmanship competitions. Before taking the horses into town to show them we washed and spiffied them up.

Here I demonstrate how loving and non-bossy I was with my brother, John. The hands on the hips were just my way of asserting my authority being eighteen months older. But as you can see it didn't affect him one bit. In fact he hogged the hose all the more. I do remember that my horse was all soapy and I really needed that hose desperately. He just took his sweet time and made sure his horse did not suffer any.

This is what started one of our cow pie fights.....and usually it wasn't a dry cow pie. Oh the good old days!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Geez look at those legs!!! I could never wear shorts so tiny and look so good! I've tried. Wasn't pretty.

noble pig said...

Being a city girl I missed out on all things cow-pie as a child...darn!

Mental P Mama said...

Love it! I am 18 months older than my brother also. I like to think I taught him well...

Tipper said...

You do look like you're in your "hurry up or you'll be sorry" sister mode! The scenery in that picture is incredible! Looks like a postcard. I want to run through that field and see what is on the other end.

Junebug said...

My son's name is John. His older sister is 27 months older than him. Then his younger sister is 19 months younger.