Monday, May 5, 2008

Simple

The older I get the more I realize that I really do love simple. You know, simple pleasures like short talks on the phone, natural smells like fresh mown grass and hay, the fresh breeze through the trees, watching birds of all kinds, the sweet innocence of children, etc.



It must be true that I am a simple person because I am so uncomfortable in high social situations like political affairs and such. I will attend these if I am doing this a part of my job but I really despise it. Send me home to dig in the earth, smell a flower, chase a butterfly with my grandchild or bake cookies and I am happy. I love to be domestic yet I have always worked outside the home just to make ends meet.

I was once told by a friend that the reason I have chosen to be in the life I have made is because if I chose to stay home and be in my comfort zone I would never stretch in growth and learning. I suppose that is true but I often wonder if I have stretched enough. Some days it feels like it.

8 comments:

noble pig said...

I think a lot of people feel that way as they age. You are not the first I have heard say that.

Mental P Mama said...

I think you are an evolving mixture of all those things. I hope I can continue to do the same with my own life. But I know how that tug of home feels at the end of the day...

Tipper said...

Oh I so agree with you! And there are many different ways we stretch and grow and not all involve being in the middle of a crowd.

Country Girl said...

Amen, sister. I can totally relate to how you're feeling.

Jill said...

All those little things you'd RATHER be doing are the very reasons Byron and his girls adore you! It's for sure if you'd been able to as we were growing up, us kids would have LOVED to have Mom home with us!!! We always enjoyed your time off from work when you got to take it! :)

noble pig said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

"JEANNELLE" said...

Cute comic!! I love anything with cow in it.

Happy Mothers Day!!

The Dairy Wife said...

Happy Mother's Day Vonda!

Tanya