Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh Pig You Are Noble

As some may know, the farmer and I have been trying to watch our fat intake to lower our cholesterol and curb the mean old diabetes slut legacy that threatens to take over our health in our later years. An added side benefit is that we just might lose part of our bubble butts in the process.

Well I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Noble Pig, and came across this recipe. Now don't misunderstand me, she usually does not leave me feeling very good in the low fat sense of the word. Her recipes like the these ribs are to die for but certainly it is not supposed to be on our type of food watch. This means that she tempts us successfully to eat wrong for our end goal.

I saw her photo of the pancakes that are low in fat and I sat there smiling while the saliva dripped down my shirt. That is until the farmer slapped me up side the head and grabbed the computer from my hands. In our household a diet just might be little like an addict coming off of drugs.




I began by making the easy blueberry topping. We have a freezer full of blueberries just begging to be used before the new crop begins to ripen. This was so delicious and very easy to make. And warm. And it would be so good over vanilla ice cream. Oh I guess I have gone off on another food addict direction.



I then made the pancakes which have fresh squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest as well as ricotta cheese in them. They are to die for....nice and puffy and moist and hard to believe that they are low fat.



So I took this photo of the finished product right before I dove in. Notice the blur from my hand was shaking so bad in anticipation while the addict in me was in full throttle.

Um..... did I mention that I made these for myself for mothers day? Yes, I would not let my husband or daughter make them. They could scramble the eggs but I would get the first taste of these, you know kind of like a dog snarling over his dog food. Heh!

So go to Noble Pig's blog and make these. Yum!

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Oh great, now you're both torturing me!

noble pig said...

Oh you are so awesome Vonda!

I am so glad you made these, they are to die for. When I made them I had six for myself but I am a pig, so there!

Thank you so much for saying all those lovely things, you are a gem.

noble pig said...

I almost forgot...try my Love in an 8 x 8 Pan recipe...it's also low-calorie but you wouldn't know it.

Jill said...

Oh mom this was so mean! I am so hungry, and now this is all I want to eat! They're gorgeous...beautiful...
oh my, I'm salivating...

Tipper said...

I agree with Jill -now I need to go make them-they look so good!!

Kelli said...

I got to try these delicious wonders and I had more than my fair share! Yummy!

"JEANNELLE" said...

These look absolutely delicious! We love pancakes here. If for no other meal, I usually get compliments from my son when I make pancakes!

Twinville said...

Noone in my family likes pancakes but me. But I'm betting that those delectables would surely tempt them! They do me!