Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Smell Spring

Even though we have been waking to a frosty wonderland the days have been cold but beautifully sunny of late. I love spring. This is my favorite time of the year and I catch myself wandering around when I get a chance to see what is popping up and budding out. Even the tiniest of bud on a branch gives me a thrill and I am in awe of the wonder of nature.

The view from one end of our looooong house.

The view from the other end. Both of these face the valley but look at the difference from one end of our house to the other.

Pretty daffodils surviving the frost each morning.

Grape Hyacinth always makes it way back each year. It even survives somehow when I dig out all of the bulbs. Back it comes.

Our flowering plum...the first tree to bloom.

I love this. The first stretch of growth from my bleeding hearts. They don't last long enough in my opinion. I love them and their little hearts.

A fir branch outside our window. The little needles are so soft and fragrant.

The girls are loving the new grass as well as the sunshine and bugs.

Food? Did I hear food?

This old gal likes to pretend that she is too good for the others. But wait until the food appears.....she comes fighting for her turn.

Oooops! How did he get in here? Sorry!



This silly little hen is our strange one. She likes to just sit down on her bum whenever she feels like it. She is shorter than the others and marches to the beat of her own drum.

12 comments:

"JEANNELLE" said...

Oh, what lovely scenes in this post!! What is in the field in the second photo?

The chickens pose so well for photos! And the turkey isn't too bad either!

Kelli said...

I love Spring too, I was really noticing how pretty it is around here today. And I saw a group of turkeys roaming around the decks and fields. They weren't too shy either! I especially love seeing all the baby animals!

Egghead said...

Jeannelle...those are Christmas trees that our neighbor planted a few years ago. Some have made it and others have not.

Jill said...

This is the perfect post for the beautiful days we've been getting around here! As I write this, I have the living room windows open and birds are chirping and Byron's standing on the couch staring at them and yelling "Buds! Buds!" (birds) I think he's feeling the season, too! The past two days have included at least two-hour long sessions playing outside, then a howling tantrum when Mommy was ready to go inside and make dinner! Your pictures are perfect!

Betsy said...

What a wonderful view, I think if I woke to that everyday, I wouldnt have a problem in the world....You are blessed. (Friend of Plain old Kristi)

Kristi said...

You live in a beautiful place. My husband and I are just sitting here enjoying all your chicken pics. We are having so much fun with our chickens. I waste so much time just looking and laughing at them.

noble pig said...

Beautiful pics, what a great day with all that sunshine!

tipper said...

What wonderful views you have! Looks like a country magazine layout. The chickens look so healthy and happy. I can't wait to try the bread recipe from the previous post-looks delicious!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Love all the spring photos! SO pretty!

Country Girl said...

What beautiful views you have from your home. You truly are blessed. Your chickens are cute!

Twinville said...

Oh! Where you live is just so beautiful! I loved seeing all the photos. You captured the fir so wonderfully, too.
Your chickens look so happy....and the turkey, too. Is he a pet or this years' Thanksgiving dinner?

The Dairy Wife said...

Vonda,

It's gorgeous up there! I need to get out and do Spring pics of around here. Everything is blooming and I'm missing it.

Tanya